Would you climb?

Capstankid!

554809_10151813179130591_1077710051_n.jpg

Probably going to get a bit of abuse for this but would anyone else climb this!

The root plate had lifted up and there was a rope holding it up which you can see to the left of the photo! I went up and just cut it in half as quickly as possible because there was a wall and a B.T line near. It sat back which was a bit of rush!

The thing am trying to say is would you just price it more for a MEWP or just quickly cut it? To be fair if I wasn't happy with it I wouldn't of climbed it but it seemed pretty sound!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definately of climbed it(even with the extra loading involved!) but wouldnt ask anyone else to if they weren't happy with it.

Guess I'd need to have seen the tree in person, but I think I would have tried to avoid just cutting it in half in a oner, more the strip from the bottom working up idea, but it was your tree mate. Guess all went ok so must have been ok your way.