Anyone go kayaking?

mikecotterill

yeah mate love it. iv got a perception angler sit on top that i use for sea fishing and eskimo diablo 10ft i us for playing about in on the river. make sure you check you can use a kayak on that canal sometime you need a licence for water way use. like most things you will either love it or hate it first go out may be a bit of a killer on the arms. oh make sure you go with someone that knows what there doing. have fun.

I joined a kayak club and they practice in the local swimming pool one night a week. Its the perfect environment to practice strokes and rolls and stuff. When I lived in Burnley there was one at Pendle Wavelenghts baths in Nelson. Is that too far from you? There'll be one closer perhaps. That way you'll be able to get a feel for if you like it and if you want to spend money on your own. They'll advise you on what to buy too.

Ive stopped going at the moment just because of other time commitments but it does get a bit stale after while in the pool. Rivers are where you want to be!!

I do it from time to time especially when on holiday. The sit on top type are very stable. I would probably try before you buy though. It is great fun and you can get close to some wildlife.

A bit like treework really gives you lots of your own space.