Citroen Berlingo 1.6 hdi?

Lumberjack Pad

I've got a 2.0HDI Berlingo, can't fault it. I've done 100k in it, you can get twice as much in the back as you can get in a defender 90, it's faster, more comfortable (what isn't) and returns 45mpg consistently. I've got oversize snow tyres on it and it goes to wherever I need it to. They're good little vans and you can stay dry in them when it rains.

Same as above, I've got an 05 2.0 berlingo with snow/mud tyres for when the goings tough and it's great. I get 550 miles for £65 worth of derv. It's got a handy fold up bench seat which takes up no extra room but is pretty comphy. It's not long clocked. 200k..... Small vans are the way forwards unless a bigger truck returns a profit.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?plnikf

Older engines seem to be better than the new ones....

As said the 2.0 hdi is a good lump, I have an older berlingo with the 1.9d engine in, and some prefer them!

We have a 307 1.6 hdi, seems flat for a car on pick up, apparently returns 52mpg according to the trip meter, a friend has a peugeot expert van 1.6hdi and says the fuel consumption isn't good....

Please look up particulate filter on google before you buy one (just incase it has one)

Got 1.9, hdi will get you cheaper tax, mine does between 60-100 miles pg and will tow with ease up to a ton can't reccomend them enough, only thing don't lean on body work as you will leave an outline.

Hello,

I run a Kangoo 1.5dci which doubles as my personal transport for now.

No doubt that for quotes and small jobs even with chipper in tow it is a useful tool.

Henchman and ladders on top and we have never filled it up yet (except when planting with Bamboo!)

We MAY replace it in 2013/14 with a the long version which has rear folding seats as I will have a family by then.

Although, our new Nissan Navarra returns 7.4 litres for 100km unladen which is really very good for 2.5litre engine compared to the 5litres for 100km for the Kangoo.

Ty

Our mate is a self employed bricky he rates them pretty well.Engines steroid strong units and any HDI lump nowadays is usually fairly nippy for what it is.Pretty rust proof aswell out mate had no issues sloshing round on caked up sites.Mpg is a winner.

As for the comment on navarra being fairly Economical you must be joking.Get a load on with trailer and your wallet will weep.