letter recieved today

John Shutler

I wouldn't even waste my time replying, just ignore the letter, if you correspond you give them ammo.

I was once told by a solicitor not to write a reply to a neighbour wanting to claim off me, it worked. I just ignored all the letters and eventually they gave up.

Good advice!!

Thats what I do !, if its not recorded delivery, how do they even know you got it? :sneaky2:

Works for all sorts of things :sneaky2:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i as Tennant instruct a contractor to knock half this house down then I would be liable Not the contractor, so why is the chancer trying to get you to pay?

Could be that the tennant has a contract that states they are liable for the upkeep of the garden and they paid to have this work done now Landlord has seen it he don`t like it.

:001_smile:HE HE HEHE HE, what a shame

ignore it mate or even better get your father to send him a letter claiming storage for his timber at your yard!!!!

just shows how easy it is to be had over, NEARLY happened to me about 3 weeks ago, priced a job (sycamore removal) at the end of this guys garden, turned up on site, rope up a few lower limbs off when a neighbour came out and asked what i was doing (wanted to be rude but didn't!) turns out this tree is not this guys at all, over the last 20 years he has pushed his boundry back and "Adopted" this bit of waste land. He even lied to me when i challanged him about it and said "no body owns it so carry on" i pointed out that someone owns it some where and unless i get there permission it stops, got the old I will do it myself then (as if) reply. then he said he was going to bet another firm to do it and keep his neighbour quite.........total muppet...:even said he wasn't bothered about any come back to me...T$%^£R

Edited by Ian C

i had an issue with a customer earlier this year and as a few of you know i do alot of fencing work, the spec was to reduce a hawthorn hedge and put in 500m of cleft chesnut post and rail fencing along its base. went in done the job and customer was happy, paid me promptly. 3 MONTHS later i get an 18minute long voicemail message and shortly after a letter from the owner of house saying his tennant has had all his heating oil has gone and thinks i damaged the pipe, guy was demanding for 2000 litres of heating oil to be replaced.

firstly he accused me of running over heating pipe with ther mog, when i stated that there was no vehicle access, he shut up.

secondly he says he saw my labourer standing on outlet pipe of tank, again thats crap as i was only one on that side of hedge as my lad was driving the loader.

what really makes me laugh is that the guy who lives there is a diesel mechanic, surely he would realise if 2000 litres of heating oil had leaked out from the state of ground and the smell. and the chickens in the pen around the tank would definately not be alive.

turns out that there were a speight of fuel thefts in that village and guy wanted to claim from my insurance. be careful, its amazing the lengths people go to decieve others

so he knew you were doing the work there!!!

he must have known what you were going to do!!

why didn`t he stop you then?

He wanted the tree gone from "his garden" only the land wasn't really his, his neighbour gave the game away by accident, felt like filling him in.....