24 hour emergency tree work, is it worth it?

jnoon

Hi all,

Im thinking about adding another string to the bow, offering a 24 hour emergency tree service, do you need different insurance for this?

also do you charge a call out fee or is your hourly rate just double/ triple?

Just thought i would ask the experts in this field:thumbup1:

thanks for your help,

I used to "offer" that till some wag phoned up at 3am saying his tree had just had a heart attack and could i come and resuscitate it!

Not worth it imo.

Oh, thats not good, funny though:lol: but still not good:confused1:

• 4 weeks later...

With Hurricane season from June-November most tree services here in Florida offer 24 hour emergency service. The rates are usually double normal hourly rate +. In 2004

we had hurricane Charlie hit just 30 mins south of my home. By the time the season

ended we had 3 more hurricanes hit the state that year. The shear volume of debris

to remove from Charlotte county alone was increditable. Plenty of work for over a year afterwards with tree company's from all over the country descending upon the sunshine state. We needed every one of them. If it is worth it to you for a 24 hour service, I say go for it. Over here it is more than a money making project, it is a Necessity!

easy-lift guy

1 thing to consider as i have just put 24hr..... on my advertising is it shows comitment to providing a good service,that you will respond at 8pm on a wet friday and not just say sod off call me 9am monday can just set you apart from your competitors IMA anyhow.

Hi all,

Im thinking about adding another string to the bow, offering a 24 hour emergency tree service, do you need different insurance for this?

also do you charge a call out fee or is your hourly rate just double/ triple?

Just thought i would ask the experts in this field:thumbup1:

thanks for your help,

Give it a miss mate. I had many years being on call (not in your trade). It's a fecking nightmare, it's ok now and again but when it's an ongoing thing it realy is :thumbdown: