Yet another curvy abstract

EddieJ

A hat stand indeed!:biggrin: It would want to be a very wide hallway, as it's approx 800mm wide.:001_tongue:

Rob, this one has taken the best part of two days. Cutting the Wood out doesn't take long, it's the sanding that zaps the hours. I'm getting to the stage where I could really do with a large bobbin sander. Sadly finances say different though.:sad:

Yep I find it's the sanding that takes the time... I have a few people now I can pass this onto which helps massively - tend to just get them to do 4 hours a time as after that you've had enough!

You obviously take a bit of time and care cutting these out as they look pretty uniform :thumbup1:

Yep I find it's the sanding that takes the time... I have a few people now I can pass this onto which helps massively - tend to just get them to do 4 hours a time as after that you've had enough!

You obviously take a bit of time and care cutting these out as they look pretty uniform :thumbup1:

I thought that it was just me that hated sanding.:biggrin: The biggest problem is that all of my wood is green oak. Sanding anything green is a pain in the backside. I try and do it in stages and leave a few days between finishes to try and give a little case hardening, but then I get paranoid about splits appearing.

I also need to learn not to make a radius that makes life difficult to sand.

Ref the time and care.. The last two sculptures have shown me that I badly need to get my eyes tested before I have an accident. I'm finding that I constantly need to keep re focusing my vision when using the band saw. Not a safe thing to have to do.:sad:

597660c727684_Metalwork1996(France)12.jpg.0091eb9e756f3ef551a5e0e2eef315e4.jpgJust did a test with this pic in my uploading pics thread.

The reason I wanted to post it here is to make the point that I believe that making things is a journey to see what you have inside you.

You won't find out what you have inside you unless you make things.

I like where you are in your journey.

This candlestick is part of mine