which arb truck would suit me?? ideas & tips

jnoon

For a pickup I think you could do a lot worse than one of these! Good fortune begins with great value - Great Wall Motors | The Steed pick-up

Half the price of the big names, 34mpg, group 7 insurance.

Actually if the Aussie forums I go on are anything to go by,you couldn't get any worse, they eat clutches and gearboxes for fun, not forgetting the constant silly electrical problems.......

Edited by Lee Winger

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im a bit of a landrover pervert and had the same issues. I have cured it by getting a l/rover series 2b forward control. 200tdi new, tipper conversion, its an absolute animal. She's been working hard for 3.5 years now and a great truck. I think the only way to get what you want is to build im afraid. Worth every penny spent once working and earning.

Cheers,

Andrew

Im a bit of a landrover pervert and had the same issues. I have cured it by getting a l/rover series 2b forward control. 200tdi new, tipper conversion, its an absolute animal. She's been working hard for 3.5 years now and a great truck. I think the only way to get what you want is to build im afraid. Worth every penny spent once working and earning.

Cheers,

Andrew

sound tidy, you got any pics mate.??

im still looking atm .....................

HI All,

as the title suggests im in the market for a new truck, 106 van & trailer getting a bit worn out:biggrin:

Ideally i would love a 4x4 as is ideal for shooting etc out of work, and been in iveco tippers when they are stuck (tipping chip on grass) :confused1:

heres the info i gather/have been told , please tell me your thoughts, then hopefully i will have a bigger list of pros and cons and will then be able to get a new arb truck :001_cool:

any help would be much appreciated, ideally a tipper would be better but i guess theres always room for a converion on the king/super cabs.

mitsi l200 - problems with headgaskets, but overall reasonably priced, good, strong

hilux 2.5 - very reliable, very expensive,

navara - conrod problems

ranger - good but heard they fall apart, and thirsty

landy tipper - easy to maintain, strong, very expensive

transit/cabstar - not 4wd, but tipper, common as muck

The L200 head gasket thing is a funny one; generally applies to post 54/05 model that shares engine with shogun sport - different turbo and blown gaskets.

IMO - '98 - '04 L200 best value for money by far.

For a pickup I think you could do a lot worse than one of these! Good fortune begins with great value - Great Wall Motors | The Steed pick-up

Half the price of the big names, 34mpg, group 7 insurance.

Oh my, imagine the depreciation on that. Be like one of those Rexton heaps you see for sale in the sad and lonely corner of the forecourt.

A tata would be better!