Latest unconventional chair

Gray git

Just playing with the idear of a chair with somewhere to hang a coat or hat, the blue stain is a fencing staple that did a lot of chain damage when I was milling the oak I think it adds a extra strange look to it.

2012-05-30_17-00-24_312.jpg.4c6245e6dc791d852f11f4ddd37c53a9.jpg

2012-05-30_17-00-32_711.jpg.9105ac770f505046245a5ec001c8019f.jpg

2012-05-30_17-00-46_687.jpg.c13ec9a8dfef4e4d8a4a68b129a5d565.jpg

sometimes, I think forums etc can be a bit 'mutual appreciation society'... but i'm not going to blow smoke up your ass for the sake of you commenting on my work... I honestly like it. Despite its lack of symmetry, it lacks none! in some ways it is more balanced for its design. Even the vine twist marks give it more life. And it is work from a mans heart and mind, not just some old toot bashed together.

I'd buy it.

I know what you mean about the hand holding that can go on sometimes (nice as it can be) we all strive to work better, improve what we make and how can we do this if all the time we are told what we do is good enough as it is. constructive critasisum is welcome and suggest ways to improve, my wife is the grand master of this way of thinking and at the time you think *¥¿<* ~¤¥* but then start to look at there point of view and improve.

Must stop drinking wine it makes me phillsophical and spell worse than normal.

I know what you mean about the hand holding that can go on sometimes (nice as it can be) we all strive to work better, improve what we make and how can we do this if all the time we are told what we do is good enough as it is. constructive critasisum is welcome and suggest ways to improve, my wife is the grand master of this way of thinking and at the time you think *¥¿<* ~¤¥* but then start to look at there point of view and improve.

Must stop drinking wine it makes me phillsophical and spell worse than normal.

aye, gets a little like a sewing club sometimes, but thats the british way (fortunately im irish). constructive criticism is a tuff one, its hard to say what you feel, people often take it wrong and sensibilities are often fragile - you could be giving a view on how you see it, and they'll take it as a personal slight. Most here aren't professional / trained, myself included (crap climber to house renovator), we're just doing our thing. I think be proud of your work and not be precious about it, the next thing you build will probably be better anyway..