Stihl 4-mix engines

L0giX

Hello all :biggrin:

Just wondering what 2stroke oil people use in stihl 4-mix engines..

Just about he get a stihl kombi km130r and getting a little confused as some people use any old oil and others say you need fully synthetic stihl oil or it leaves carbon deposits.

Any recommendations and views?

:thumbup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first 4 mix the valves clogged aparently because if the use of regular stihl 2 stroke both my km130's have been nothing short of a nightmare and I would strongly recommend finding an alternative machine...

lol don't say that, its on its way too me now and i just bought a blower and edger :lol:

What's been the problem? i all ways read good reviews about them?

I have changed to the stihl HP ultra oil since buying a km130r. It runs on the other stuff but I find it seems a bit sweeter on the ultra. The ultra is designed for the 4 mix engines. Not that much more expensive and I use it in everything now.

Ditto, I switched to HP Ultra as my blower has a 4 mix engine and its brilliant. I now use it in everything and it all runs sweet and much less smoke out the exhaust.

Ditto, I switched to HP Ultra as my blower has a 4 mix engine and its brilliant. I now use it in everything and it all runs sweet and much less smoke out the exhaust.

How much is it for 5litres roughly?

Is it the green stuff?

Cheers

I have changed to the stihl HP ultra oil since buying a km130r. It runs on the other stuff but I find it seems a bit sweeter on the ultra. The ultra is designed for the 4 mix engines. Not that much more expensive and I use it in everything now.

if its the stuff i have just been looking at its about £20 for 1l :confused1:

that's mega pricey lol... you can get 5l oregon semi synth for about that.

I use API-TC, JASO-FC, ISO-L-EGD rated synthetic oil.

FD is obviously suitable too...

My first 4 mix the valves clogged aparently because if the use of regular stihl 2 stroke both my km130's have been nothing short of a nightmare and I would strongly recommend finding an alternative machine...

Yep that's them. Had BR600 backpack blower; suggested to run full synth i.e HP ultra et al or expect valve issues. Stilhl had loads of warranty work due to this issue.