carving living trees

Just to add as I left it to long to be to edit.

I also have a tree in our garden that I would love to carve, but can't bring myself to do it, as it is a perfectly sound tree. I can see so many differing things in the shape of it.

dscf3114f.jpg

dscf3115a.jpg

and yeah, great tree! I don't know what you see, but i see a woman unfolding, stretching up. A tight torso, and the definition of her back...

ok, she's a little flat chested, and her bony ass needs some work, but you cant have everything :D

you couldnt make her any better by carving

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyhuck has given years of service to this forum, earning his place as a moderator through reasoned, mature informed and measured debate and opinion.

I am mortified at the way he is being spoken to.

Can we please give this a bit of thought.

Never mind who's right and wrong here. This is not right!

Edited by Albedo
I wrote 'here' three times so took 2 out

why do you wanna keep arguing, are you a woman?

the point is, the veg or animals you or I kill (or negate our responsibility and let another do it for us) are done as survival, not as amusement, or childish territorial squirting under the banner of art.

I'm done arguing with you. You go carve some trees, do as you please.. im gonna go pack my gear for tomorrow, so I can float around the sky like a jellyfish with some mates, and the birds, marvelling at this glorious place from wherever the thermals wanna take us. Yowza.

Must you always resort to belittling or insults when your argument looses ground???

As for killing for survival :001_rolleyes: come on, we eat far more meat than we need, most of it for pleasure not survival and many live without ever eating meat, some don't even take dairy.

I don't carve, so won't be carving living trees, but I see nothing wrong in someone choosing to carve or have carved their own trees.

As for not wishing to argue, this is a discussion forum, so debate is pretty much the whole point, its only your attitude that makes it unpleasant.

PS, trees don't heal, they seal ;)

Carving trees living trees, the right trees in the right place, I think would be fine. sure there would be arguments over which are the right trees and places, and arguments over whether its art or vandalism, same as graffiti art.

Anyhow, came across this site the other day and thought there was some great stuff well worth a look

Pooktre Tree Shapers ?

Not particularly carving, so apologies if it's a bit of an aside or if it has been posted before, still some impressive art from trees though.

Must you always resort to belittling or insults when your argument looses ground???

As for killing for survival :001_rolleyes: come on, we eat far more meat than we need, most of it for pleasure not survival and many live without ever eating meat, some don't even take dairy.

I don't carve, so won't be carving living trees, but I see nothing wrong in someone choosing to carve or have carved their own trees.

As for not wishing to argue, this is a discussion forum, so debate is pretty much the whole point, its only your attitude that makes it unpleasant.

PS, trees don't heal, they seal ;)

and you can come off that moral soapbox sunshine. If you hadn't started with the thinly veiled digs, you wouldn't have got an onslaught from me.

sweep before your own steps, pal.

listen to your argument, now you want to drag it in a different direction. just can it. go twist words with your wife

Edited by TrollSpiel

just cant stop, can you..

Stop what???

Go back and read our posts.

I have asked you questions and put forward my point of view.

You have thrown insults, made assumptions and told me what me what I think.

if you were honest with yourself, which you know youre not because you cant lose face, you wouldn't carry on with this. youve been as rude as I have, although, I havent tried to patronise you.

fortunately, the wind is dropping, (although not coming from your direction), I'm going flying ! laters.