tw150dh wont start

hedgecutter

Hi, kieron from bolton here, need help. tw150dh 2004 will not start, i have just fitted new oil filter, fuel filter and an extra inline fuel filter, as it would not start before hand.

Ar first it would not tick over because the fuel pipe coming from the tank had load of gunge in the end so i sorted that and unblocked everything, when i try to start it it isnt kicking up then battery dies so i charge it off my van and after 5 minutes it starts, i am positive its fuel.

i dont mind paying for it to be fixed but would rather know what the problem is incase it happens again.

Cheers whom ever replies. kieron 07504366361

i used to have cut out prop's fuel give it i good blow with air hose from fuel filter back to tank, clean tank out if you cant get into tank i cut hole in the top to do this then fit a plate on it , then bleed system as others have said .

Hi, kieron from bolton here, need help. tw150dh 2004 will not start, i have just fitted new oil filter, fuel filter and an extra inline fuel filter, as it would not start before hand.

Ar first it would not tick over because the fuel pipe coming from the tank had load of gunge in the end so i sorted that and unblocked everything, when i try to start it it isnt kicking up then battery dies so i charge it off my van and after 5 minutes it starts, i am positive its fuel.

i dont mind paying for it to be fixed but would rather know what the problem is incase it happens again.

Cheers whom ever replies. kieron 07504366361

if your sure its fuel get a gallon can of diesel take the flow and return fuel lines off the main tank and put them in the can then try to start it if it run s fine then as others have said more than likely fuel pick up filter in the tank blocked

Hello Hedgecutter

This does sound like fuel starvation, checking all fuel lines are clear from obstructions and changing the fuel filetrs should clear the problem.

From your post it may also be helpful to check/replace the battery as this needs to supply the correct amperage to the glow plugs and starter motor at start up

Replacement Battery type is 063SP (450amps):thumbup1:

I had a similar problem with my old TW.

It turned out to be the fuel cut out solenoiod. Where the wire goes into the unit it had broken just inside. If you wiggled the wire it would just about run.

Maybe a red herring but worth by-passing the cut out solenoid to try it.

I had a similar problem with my old TW.

It turned out to be the fuel cut out solenoiod. Where the wire goes into the unit it had broken just inside. If you wiggled the wire it would just about run.

Maybe a red herring but worth by-passing the cut out solenoid to try it.

had this on a hired machine they cleaned and tightened the terminals it ran fine then