Raised beds, growing veggies, tomatoes, carrots etc etc blah blah

Steve Bullman

looking forward to some nice veg this year as we are looking after a place with a mega polytunnel,

been busy filling it up with muck all winter.

Lets hope you will be filling it with water all summer, as our produce basks in the glorious british summertime:confused1:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you have asparagus growing in the corner?

yes theres an asparagus patch, although they had finished up when we moved in so looking forward to eating them soon.

i think my girlfriend is doing her best to plant every vegetable known to man, it has an irigation system so cuts labour a lot.:thumbup1:

Tyre system is good, also use rubble bags with compost. In the autumn, or earlier if you can get the leaves, prepare for next years compost using rubble bags, mixing leaves and a bit of soil to inoculate the soil bacteria.

Watch out for deals on grow bags,organic of course :-) to get cheap compost.

Tyres are good and simple but can harbour slugs. Best Idea I have seen is old rubber crawler tracks, I imagine these are not remanufacturable. The big farm crawlers will make an excellent any shape bed. Also holes around the middle to insert herbs on some of them.

Tyres are good and simple but can harbour slugs. Best Idea I have seen is old rubber crawler tracks, I imagine these are not remanufacturable. The big farm crawlers will make an excellent any shape bed. Also holes around the middle to insert herbs on some of them.

Be a while before mine are worn out but was already thinking about this the other day and would rather use tracks than tyres. Think would put strawberrys in mine wen the day comes.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App