Cutting firewood the Italian way.

Kev P

You reminded me- I meant to build a pizza oven- can't beat them that way.

Always seem to have olive wood for fuel when you encounter them. Thats not going to happen here. Maybe poplar:biggrin:

There's a fella near me selling olive logs at a tenner (I think) for a loose filled net, don't think the pizza places are snapping them up though.

As impressive as it is that's a disaster waiting to happen working at that kind of speed. I really don't like band saws. I'm surprised they are legal?

Totally agreed, but if he went slower, he's still churning those logs out at an incredible rate. It seem to be really efficient, yet dangerous. Can't have both suppose!:bash:

These bandsaws are dangerous I agree. I have cut up thousands of tons of timber on ours.The bandsaw in my picture is electric so economical to run,hardly any waste.We also run a tractor powered one.They really will cut fast if you give the tractor a bit more revs just as the man in the video clip is doing,using a woodmizer double hard blade.