Which Chainsaw?

New Forest DEAN

as said previously, dont discount the makita range, they make a decent range. you should be able to find one to suit your needs.

Cant speak about their saws but they do certainly make excellent drills etc, I have had their drills for over 20 years with no serious problems.

A

:thumbup:

You can't argue that stihl and husky are the best however for the occasional user the new price tag is just to big even after haggling with your local dealer!!

I've bought 2nd hand of EBAY and been pissed off with what has arrived!

I've used both stihl and husky full time for 25+years however now I only work part time in the Arb world and so this year when I wanted a new saw that would run a bigger bar I bought a 62cc MITOX with 24"bar!!!

I made this decision after having my eyes opened with a Dolmar climbing saw that has never put a foot wrong and isnt scared of heights like some of the stihl and husky's i've used, I'm no longer a saw snob who won't consider anything but the 2 big names!!!(I used to be)

The MITOX was £250 and so far has been really good, I would say check all the bolts are tightened before first use as the chinese forget to tighten things though! I've cut dead standing beech at 36" base and thuyaat 48"base with it without any problem no it's not as quick as a new husky or stihl but i reckon it compares with and older model easily.

I can get parts cheap and quick from my dealer a new walbro carb is only £22 my local dealer charges £45 for a carb service on a similar sized stihl or husky!

I am even considering a new 45cc MITOX saw as I have been pleasantly surprised.

As for KIAM I dont no but don't be put off just because it isn't Stihl or Husky just don't expect it to be as good!

If you can get a MITOX you might be surprised.....oh and before anyone else comments NO i dont work for MITOX!!!