Vauxhall Movano Tipper/Renault Master

Ross Smith

yes and no. After yrs of hard work and sh~~ trucks i decided to treat myself to a reliable new vehicle,but only had it yr and a half before it was nicked.

Do a fair bit of london work so forced to get Euro 4 or higher. So i had to have a new ish van.

In my mind my last truck was still new. So mixed feelings as yes this is new but i was happy with what i had!

i am getting my old body put on it next week ( only 1 &1/2 yrs old). Its all i got left after the gypsies took the rest!

What it does have though is AC. Cool air has never felt so good!

will stick some pics up.

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have done 1500 miles in the last month since getting the truck now.

thoughts:

Its not as easy to drive as the transit. by this i mean the gears dont go in as easy or as light.

Has quite poor torque. cant count how many times i stalled it in the early days! ok now i am use to it. if you let the clutch out a fraction before alceraeting then it just doesnt pick up the reves and you end up going nowhere.

mine is the 150 hp modle.

really they are only minor faults but the only ones i have found.

oh and the bloody thing beeps and cuts the radio out until you put on the seatbelt. damn safety!

plus side:

more room in the cab, more cubby holes for all the bits and pieces, more storage under the seats.

AC- so good on a hot day!

Cheaper ! bought mine as a pre reg with 30 miles for the same price as a 2 yrs old transit with 10k.

Hopefully less desireable to the gypos but time will tell i guess.

Get some pics up soon

Jose

• 9 months later...

Hi Duncan

i am getting on fine with mine.

Had a power steering fluid leak which warranty sorted out.

But then i had a new transit that had a fault where a bit rubbed through a coolant pipe and drained all the coolant which is more serious an issue tbh. this is a recall issue on the transit to repostion the pipe.

only other problem is the door handle comes off ( on my third now) but they have not designed a fix for it so as and when it goes they repalce it free of charge.

Have got use to the truck, have learned that one needs more juice for pulling away.

Gears are a bit stiff only when cold, after a 2 min drive they are fine.

Hopefully the pykies will stay away from it as they ted to use transits only.

Oh and as u say its a lot cheaper to buy!

cheers for the input. had a test drive yesterday found the gears pretty stiff guessing they will loosen like you say. not as nicer drive as the new transits which are pretty much like a car and its going to be my only vehicle so will be in it every day don't want to regret buying it if its hard work driving. might just go mental get a mortgage on a landy 130 tipper!