BNI Meetings

Billy

Hi Billy

It's not for everyone and it needs commitment, I join a chapter about two mts ago which is a new chapter which has been going for about a year. You can try before you buy and go twice as a visitor.

I did have ideas that it would be all suits but it is not in the chapter I joined, there is a builder, pest control, alarm man , weaste guy, painter and yes some suits insurance guy how has look at my insurance and adviced me very good tax expert and she has adviced and help me all free.

I have had work and have jobs on the bubble with applications in just quoted a £1000 hedge job from a client of the painter so not all bad news as some are saying.

I would say you need to be open minded and use it to your advantage, my next plan is to have a look at the Bni web site for other chapters in areas local to myself where we as a company are not strong in, I will go as a visitor member and do my 60 second talk as you do every week, then every one in that chapter has my card and know's of my company. I will do this once a month to six weeks and see what it brings.

You have to remember only one person from each trade can join a chapter and I believe I am the only tree company in any of the chapters in my area.

What also can happen is that any member from other chapters can visit and once again take your card and spread the word in the own group, I also had a call from a member in Reigate chapter who was looking for a tree company and went on the BNI website and once again I am the only one.

So as you can see it can grow and grow, it is about being pro-active and giving at at least the year you pay for.

Don't get me wrong there are bits of it I am not keen on but I let that go over my head and not take to much notice.

To sum up go and visit a few see who is in the room are there people there that could put your name about, remember when they give you a name and number it is a honest lead that has been talked about and someone has asked for it to be passed on.

I am lucky I think that the guys and girls at the chapter I joined are a good bunch and we have a laugh as well I hear some are very serious which would not suit me.

Cheers

Keven

Kev you're avin' a larf....I bet your first two words were "Hi Guys".....:laugh1:

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mick,

Nice to hear from you, you know me put my self about not sure about Hi Guys more like jesus this early for a full English, still think I have picked up a posh school a golf club, work for some of the other members adding up to 1500 to date, not bad for a couple of hours on a Wednesday morning and out the door at 8.30.

Not easy getting work theses days and I think we can get stuck in mixing with our own circles for work, this just expands the opportunity for new leads.

Be good to see you soon how are things going.

Morning Kev. Yeah work has been slow to say the least this year, not that it really worries this small time sole trader too much and if things get tight I could alway's poach a bit off you.....:laugh1:

Not been carp fishing for over a year, maybe we could meet up at one of your favourite lakes, I'd be up for that.....:thumbup1:

See you soon mate.

• 2 months later...

Hi mick

Very sorry did not see you had posted this, be very nice to get together.

We have been very busy and if you are a bit lean now and again you can always call.

I have hardly been out on the bank this year been down to hawkhurst fish farm very nice water and very nice fish have a look at the Facebook page.

Ps still going to BNI had a day at buckmore park yesterday for £25 nice to have a change.

Give me a call we can get together.

Keven

Guest Solid Stihl

if people think that doing business is talking about their business they need to take a step backwards and think about whether they are doing things to make money or for a hobby!

If you spend £600, plan what do you need to do to make £1200..

the BNI and other networking events are very good for building relationship and increasing awareness, but they will only work if you execute calls for action !

Edited by Solid Stihl
spelling!

if people think that doing business is talking about their business they need to take a step backwards and think about whether they are doing things to make money or for a hobby!

If you spend £600, plan what do you need to do to make £1200..

the BNI and other networking events are very good for building relationship and increasing awareness, but they will only work if you execute calls for action !

Im a member of the Royal Forest Society, The International Maple Society, Westonbirt Arboretum, Bodenham Arboretum and Bedgebury Pinetum, i go to a few of there site visit meetings, the A.G.M and Conferances, i pay a small joining fee and a small amount on petrol etc. You wouldnt belive the amount of contacts and subsequent work i've had on the back of this, and because the Westonbirt and Bedgebury Parks are owned/managed by the Forestry Commission i may at some point get some work from them. In my opinion that is the way forward.:thumbup: