JCB Fastrac as a chip truck

chrisgilltreesurgery

Sorry no photos, but we used to run a Fastrac with a 12inch Entec pto chipper on the back, it was a tree gobbler!! No room for a chip bin, but it didnt matter as we chipped into massive grain trailers. Other jobs we just broadcast the chip around the sites. Too big? Excellent visibilty all around, it would cover ground that Mogs feared to tread, and on one site the Mog bogged down and we pulled it out with the Fastrac. Due to a dodgy fuel gauge and slight numerical miscalculation, we ran out of diesel while going through single file roadworks, so I just hopped out and turned the wheels enough to get us rolling between the cones and out of the way. I always thought it a brilliant bit of kit!

But still not enough room on he back of it for a box?

It filled grain trailers so fast even a 6/7metre box would fill in no time, cant see it would be that beneficial. As I said, most sites the chip was broadcast anyway so why waste fuel carrying it away?

I know Fountains used someone with a fastrac and pto chipper, but never knew of one with a chipbox.

Roger Kidd of Absolute Arborists runs a fastrac and huge pto chipper.

Roger's hardcore line clearance and capable of eating spans with that setup, top bloke, legend round here at the age of 30

I've also used Fastracs, one with a 12 inch chipper on the back and 2 with front mount chippers, chipping over the cab Into MASSIVE grain trailers, the ones I'm guessing Andys talking about, the only thing I'd change is I'd have the chippers crane fed, probably be abit more productive, either way, the Fastrac with a big pto chipper, is still by far the best machine I've ever used on site clearance work.

Couldn't of ever put a chip bin on the ones I used tho.