compact forwarders

Like the vid Iain. The tractor in the foreground looks strangely familiar! Do you think the Ferrari would suit something like the 6 ton Farma? Still looking around at trailers but nothing much to suit, 6 tonner seems too big and 1.5 tonners made for quads too small.

Is there any merit with steering drawbars? (not sure if yours have that) Think driving trailers a good idea? hydraulic power packs often an option (possibly on the Palms) but worth the extra? guess it all depends on ground conditions...

Your ferrari would handle the 6 ton farma no problem, no need for steering drawbar because the bed is quite short and you can adjust the axle placement on the trailer to suit your needs. If you were in really soft ground or banks drive to the trailer would be an advantage but can be overcome by half loading the trailer? depends how much you might need it. Don't go for any of the cheaper options as i have heard horror stories of frames cracking and cranes mounting plates cracking. Stick to farma, botex, palms etc.

Selling the smaller unit as i just don't use it enough and as much as its nice to have lots of machines in the yard if they don't pay then they have to go! I get on really well with my Kubota and 6 ton farma, its 57hp hydrostatic which is great in the woods shunting about. It handles the trailer no problem and being hydro it has a high flow hydraulic system that works the crane fast. catch up soon

now for sale on auction site?

Yes i have decided i can't drive them all at once and something has to go! I am using the 6 ton trailer most of the time so i am struggling to justify having the smaller rig sitting in the yard for a few one off low impact jobs. I used the unit as the complete Vimek mini forwarder a lot as it was my first forwarding rig, i guess its probably moved around 400 tons for me. Will be sorry to see it go but the bank account won't!!