How far have you ran/cycled/swam today?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got achilles injury too. Anyone had any similar issues?[/quote

Before my last race in November I couldn't train and after it I couldn't walk, so decided to do something about it.

Got very good advice from the Physio I visited and reading around the web.Basically, it's an overuse injury, so the only cure is to back off the training until it improves.:thumbdown: Reading my training diary from back then, it now seems obvious!!

Having known a couple of people who've had Achilles ruptures, I'm not taking any short cuts on my recovery. Walking breaks on my training runs for a couple of weeks yet and targeting a race in June maybe. Feels like a long way back to enjoying proper training, but if it means it is sustainable it'll be time well spent.:thumbup::thumbup:

Got achilles injury too, really gutted as this is going to put me back for a pb on my half marathon. Anyone had any similar issues?

Had soleus inflammation in right calf and murderous ITB pain in left knee last season.

Basically, it's an overuse injury, so the only cure is to back off the training until it improves.:thumbdown: Reading my training diary from back then, it now seems obvious!!

Likewise. I had set unrealistic weekly milages and started bunched sessions up too much towards the end of the week when I'd missed them at the start. I cut the milage before I crippled myself, stopped the recommended stretching which was making things worse and wore extra leg layers to keep the injuries warm when out training (the ITB was particularly bad in the cold). Luckily I only missed two weeks and was back on form (well my kind of form anyway) before the first race day.

This year I'm seven weeks in to the schedule, running in -8 (with windchill) and only the normal protest aches of lazy legs so far.