Quicky question

predator

how often should i change the sparkplug on my saw ?????????

how often should i strip clean re grease clutch bearing ??????

as i,ve checked read destruction book for saw and found nowt"

tis a ms260 16" bar by the way used as my logging saw and have just recieved 6 ton of logs and going to give it a good going over tonight new chain all filters cleaned out etc

as it will be used all day tomorrow chomping logs

My 026 is still on its original plug, air filter, had a fuel filter once, i do clean my saws religiously when in work, which helps, and i change sprockets and chains as and when they are due, cant stand the thought of a sprocket breaking down on site and having to change it in the rain and the mud. :biggrin: Just do the service items now, ready for your load of wood, it should be fine til the end, clean air filter daily, sharpen as and when it needs it, clean saw at the end of the day. Done:thumbup:

Spark plugs don't really wear and very rarely find the need to change them unless the electrodes are worn which is rare, Some may change them as preventative maintenence but personally I don't bother as they are pretty reliable nowerdays.

The sprocket bearing is worth giving a squirt of thick oil or grease any time you have the side cover off, it will help it last but they are pretty resilient unless you have a MS261:thumbdown:

My 260 chews up sparkplugs about 1 per year, starts to missfire and cuts out. The screw on ferrule on sparkplug(NGK) is loose put new plug in with ferrule nicely tightened runs a dream for about year and then does it again. All my other saws are on same plugs and are OK, so whats prob with the 260. I dnt mind but gets irratating

hi predator

i change spark plug once a year the bearing should be changed when the sproket or rim is changed also you can put a few drops of oil down the the clutch housing to lubricate the bearing if you want too

that is what i do hope it helps]thanks albert

if at first you dont succeed sod it and put the kettle on

I put a new spark plug in every year or so, not because it really needs it just as preventative maintenance to try and make sure it doesn't go down on site! Then the old one goes into the box the new one came in and gets stashed in tool box as emergency backup.

I grease clutch when I remember really, usually after a few weeks of very heavy use, or when I change sprocket; every 6 months or so? I just smear a load of strimmer gear grease all over it, seems to work as haven't had one go yet...