McCulloch - was there ever a good one ?!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Just ordered a copy.Looking forward to that.Nice one chaps.

I was a about 16 when I read it and can remember the 3 different kinds of print . Some for the present , another kind for thought , and the last for the past I think. Up until then I had never come across a book like that . I thought it was brilliant . I only bought it as I had read Cuckoos nest .

Its all very much the same for homelite. We view them as piles of cr*p but in the years gone by they had some big saws on the market capable as any other good brand in the comaparable engine range.

When you think these saws are only 100cc and probably around 40 years old

They are what I remember, the cheapest saw one could have with a 42" bar.

The books a must read for any one involved in timber hey shavey!

Some aspects of the film does do not give it credit like the wet oregon atmosphere kasey puts you in when reading the book.

Any idea where you can get a copy sounds a rivetting read :thumbup::thumbup:

They are what I remember, the cheapest saw one could have with a 42" bar.

They weren't that cheap though! The contra was £200 when it was introduced, considering a mini was £65, and a decent sized house could be bought for around £1-2k

Its all very much the same for homelite. We view them as piles of cr*p but in the years gone by they had some big saws on the market capable as any other good brand in the comaparable engine range.

When you think these saws are only 100cc and probably around 40 years old

I got a super 2100 auto here about 1972 should get it running it weighs over 10kg without bar and chain

image.jpg.e67e7af8a8930b6db4cce8a4938c51f1.jpg