3 different benches

delabodge

Yes I thought these looked very professionally made, if I ever produce anything this good I would be loathed to sell it.

I do have an uncle with a workshop who I could get to help me, but my biggest problem is drying the wood out enough to work with on the planers and such like.

Its a case of me pulling my finger out and milling some logs and sending them to the kiln dryers.

I have done a litle bit of just rough milling, stuff that can be just left outside but nothing to hard.

If you dont mind me asking how much do you ask for something like that?

I like to make bits and pieces for family and freinds as presents but I would imagine these are worth a bob or two?

hi matt, most of the stuff i make is from stuff I`ve milled a few yrs ago, and is now nicely air dried, but some of the stuff like the elm,was bought from Big J on here,,he kiln drys it,,,and it can be quite uneven,hence buying the planer,,,I can face one side up and then thickness it,,,the benches vary in price depending on the wood,,,cedar and Oak round about £250 -£300 and the yew and elm ones £350ish,,,