Arb Approved - is it worth it?

I have started the process of working towards becoming Arb Approved, I already have most things in place, I have identified and made a list of everything we need to put into place for the assessment. :001_smile:

I would like your views on being an Arb Approved Contractor, its benefits etc

I have head mixed views on this and i'm sure ill get the same on here.

Up here in SUNNY Newcastle we have a thing called the NEPO Portal, this is a website that all Councils and Public sector put their contracts enabling companies to tender for the work, so is being Arb Approved going to help and assist getting these kind of contracts as they are open to everyone and you know how it is price is nearly everything nowadays! :thumbdown:

Comments please...

When you say "anyone" you make it sound like your going to get undercut and not get the contract allready lol.

Not sure about the arb aproved... think its something like 500 a year basic? that what i thought i saw earlier anyhow...

THough think a few people have commented that they have had some jobs through since being approved :)

I have started the process of working towards becoming Arb Approved, I already have most things in place, I have identified and made a list of everything we need to put into place for the assessment. :001_smile:

I would like your views on being an Arb Approved Contractor, its benefits etc

I have head mixed views on this and i'm sure ill get the same on here.

Up here in SUNNY Newcastle we have a thing called the NEPO Portal, this is a website that all Councils and Public sector put their contracts enabling companies to tender for the work, so is being Arb Approved going to help and assist getting these kind of contracts as they are open to everyone and you know how it is price is nearly everything nowadays! :thumbdown:

Comments please...

I work for a tree surgeon who is working towards becoming a arb approved contractor in dorset, where the competition is fierce (even more so than up here.) So being a AAC IMO there will make you stand out from all the other rivals, and as there is more money down south the charge of the AAC assessment may only be a couple of days profit.

Compared with up here where there is rivalry but most of it is on cost and IMO not quality, I could be wrong but the only AAC in the north east is Oliver's? which is quite a distance from you so you would defiantly stand out more, but I still think round here the job will go to the cheapest contractor, not the most professional looking.

cheers ciaran glyde