Press release: Scottish & Southern electricity switch to Aspen

Aspen@AAOIL

Anyone working for the company on the forum should be very pleased about this. This is a massive step forward in establishing Aspen as part of a tree climbers PPE in the UK and we hope that this will encourage other professionals to do the same and give their employees the protection they deserve. :thumbup1:

"Anglo American Oil Company (AAOC) is pleased to be supplying Scottish and Southern Electric (SSE) with Aspen fuel for all their tree cutters. SSE is the largest company in the UK to date who have realised the benefits of using Aspen alkylate petrol and have implemented it into their health and safety programme"

click here to read full press release

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the cleaner burn produced from aspen...but I like choice and wouldn't want it to be part of some mandatory requirement if your climbing or ground working for that reason.

Are you campaigning/lobbying to make it a PPE requirement?

that would be nice :001_tongue:

No, we are not working on making it mandatory but it is nice that a major company has recognised the benefits of Aspen after testing it properly. And hopefully because of this, more employees of similar business' will also benefit from their choice.

Regards to choice, off course that's important but when it comes down to something as important as your health, is that really something that should be considered? For small companies or one man bands it's easy to make the decision or not but for the employees of big companies it's usually very difficult to get improvements like this heard to the man or woman in charge - who coincidentally never has to put up with the emissions behind his or her air conditioned desk...and only looks at saving pennies. That's why this is such a great step in the right direction for a better working environment for you guys.

Seems like a good development.

Just curious, how much of a discount can a customer of such size negotiate? Don't really need accurate numbers, just wondered if it was like near 20% or 5%or whatever?

all reputable companies get a set discount on Aspen when they order from us, no matter how big or small (minimum order 54 cans for free postage), we call this the professional price and should also be negotiable with your nearest dealer. unfortunately its not 20% as margins on fuel aren't that great but give us a call in the office for the latest prices.

just out of curiosity can you tell me where nearest stockist is in scotland, aberdeenshire?

After a miserable time using a vibro plate today i may make the switch in my own kit for firewood and hedges.

Edit to add the plate was burning oil like you wouldnt belive from a hire company, definetly not a pleasant job

Edited by david wood
more info

can you please get your act to gether and get some dealers in NI as i really want to try it for hedge cutting exctra (for 3 years now) but can not buy it any were (though our dealer say its brillent stuff to but he wont stock if for some reasion)

so is there any way of getting hold of it

just out of curiosity can you tell me where nearest stockist is in scotland, aberdeenshire?

After a miserable time using a vibro plate today i may make the switch in my own kit for firewood and hedges.

Edit to add the plate was burning oil like you wouldnt belive from a hire company, definetly not a pleasant job

look on http://www.find-aspen.co.uk for your nearest dealer. if theres not one close enough then let us know and we will do our best to source one for you.

sorry we cant help but unfortunately Anglo American Oil Company doesn't cover Ireland. the distributor over there is called liffey distributors. thanks

can you please get your act to gether and get some dealers in NI as i really want to try it for hedge cutting exctra (for 3 years now) but can not buy it any were (though our dealer say its brillent stuff to but he wont stock if for some reasion)

so is there any way of getting hold of it