Press release: Scottish & Southern electricity switch to Aspen

Aspen@AAOIL

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treequip,

I dont know if it will actually save my life or not, but Aspen has certainly made a great difference to my health.

I don't actually use the kit in the field, but have used it in the workshop all this past winter.

For the 4 or 5 previous winters I had suffered from chest pains for which no medical reason could be found, also from quite severe sinus congestion. I now put this down to constant exposure to both unburnt, and burnt, petrol fumes as since swapping to Aspen this winter I have had neither the pains nor the breathing troubles.

Another bonus is that my clothes dont stink of exhaust fumes at the end of the day and the workshop smells much fresher.

It may be worth you giving it a try for a while, I'll bet you notice the difference.

Hey Guss,

I am in banchory.

I see that strathbogie sell it, must give them a phone to see about prices

where are you?

Davie

Hi David I'm just a bit north of Aberdeen near the airport. It will be a fair trek to huntly for you from banchory

Sorry if i may have offended anyone, my reply was merely as a joke to his which in all fairness was another sly remark on treequips behalf.

you must understand that it gets annoying after a while when the same people who i assume have never tried aspen before, slate our product so hard in order to stop others from trying.

Its frustrating when on one hand i get people at shows etc telling me how our products make their day at work so much better and then i get on here and constantly get told its too expensive etc...

The thing that made us import aspen in the first place was when we were cutting up a tree for firewood over christmas on my grandmothers land (in sweden). we run out of Aspen 2 and because all the shops were shut we had to resort to using regular unleaded. Thats when we realised how good the product is and from there we started promoting it in the uk. so yes i have used a chainsaw, and yes i know you guys aren't oblivious to health and safety.

the reason i direct people to the aspen dealer finder website (or the "stupid link"?) when they ask for their nearest dealer is it then helps others to find ones nearer to them.

we are here to help, not to force you to use our products, thats your choice but please dont put others of from trying.

Before Aspen their was'nt a choice now there is :001_cool:

I use Aspen in the hedge cutters,polesaw,strimmers and in one top handle that I use topping hedges or working in confined spaces:thumbup:.

Its to expensive to run big saws on it for me, but it has its place along side regular 2 stroke.

Some will have a problem with Aspen fuel and to be honest neither Gardenkit or Aspen are helping and I feel the opposite is happening and they are just putting peoples backs up

Its to expensive to run big saws on it for me, but it has its place along side regular 2 stroke.

Some will have a problem with Aspen fuel and to be honest neither Gardenkit or Aspen are helping and I feel the opposite is happening and they are just putting peoples backs up

I am sorry if you think my contributions are not helping the case, it is certainly not my intention to put anyones back up, or to push the product too hard and I don't think I have. I do however totally believe in the product and try to dispell some of the misconceptions that I see posted from time to time.

I totally agree with your statement that Aspen has a place alongside regular 2 stroke and sell to many of my customers on just that basis.

As you have found, the greatest benefits are found in the areas of the highest exposure to exhaust fumes. This is usually in hedgecutting, and I truly believe that all users engaged in this activity will benefit greatly from using Aspen and really owe it to themselves to give it a try.

The advantages in normal saw usage are not so easy to prove.

One area of benefit however is in large companies with high staff levels. It is quite common in some of these companies to suffer higher than average engine failure due to incorrect mixing, or confusion over the contents of various fuel cans.

The use of a clearly identifiable pre-mixed fuel cuts down on a lot of these problems. It does not need to be a alkylate fuel to solve this problem, being so is merely a bonus.

I certainly can't afford it, can see the benefits and can see where it would have its uses but it seems rediculously expensive. And in a time when price is everything to me and the customer, its a no go'er for me.... may try it one day though as said for confined spaces etc