Morals.

Buzz

Anna and I looked at a job today where the client wanted us to cut a line of not to special beech trees in half on land that wasn't even his own to let more light into his garden !

1st time i've ever done this !

Authentic Arboriculture Ltd

107 Bell Chase

Alder Park

Aldershot

Hants.

GU3 1GZ

01252 323146

http://www.authenticarboriculture.co.uk

Wednesday, 25 July 2007

Mr B***n

* Coach House Close

Frimley

Surrey

G****R

Dear Mr B***n,

Thank you for inviting Anna and I to quote on the tree work at your property. Unfortunately on this occasion we feel we will be unable to help you.

The reasons for this are as follows, we have a good working relationship with the tree officer Julian Turpin and by working outside what is quite obviously your boundary fence we are opening ourselves up to all sorts of litigation and legal proceedings.

We also feel that due to the large amount of brash wood already lying onsite and the fact that you would like all the new brash produced left on site the job would be very difficult to complete satisfactorily and safely.

Thirdly the work which you have asked us to quote for contradicts current UK Arboricultural practise and as such should we be seen carrying out the work for you we would be damaging the reputation of our company unacceptably.

Kind Regards,

Matt Harmsworth

Anna Wright.

Directors.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did Pete can't wait for the reply. Unless there are TPO's they don't care anyway. We watched a mature avenue of oaks get bastardised by hacks a few months ago. Phoned the LA while the hacks were at it and they didn't want to know !!