Unimog front mount type.

iv had a tracked jensen for 6yr best all round chipper iv ever had:thumbup1:

thers only 3 front mount to look @ jeny, tp.shiesling,:001_smile:

The Schiesling as a reversing box built in, the Duckers are built to run the same way as the front PTO, the disadvantage of this is that on LHD mogs the chute comes up in front of the driver, so needs to be folded down when traveling.

So a standard PTO chip driven through a revers gear box has the advantage of the chute being able to be left up for transit. (on LHD mogs)

Yet another thing id not thought about and a very valid point, so if i go down the schliesing route i dont need to buy a reversing box to fit the chipper on the front? Is this rite?

Also what sort of price are the extension shoots?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same prob with mine Huck, the blades in the chipper had to be spot on ALL the time. Your chute has to be perfectly smooth, any fault will cause blockages. I had a nice steel one in the end after struggling with ali ones for a few months. Nice to have a front mount tho, leaves room for a trailer and everyone just gets out of your way :)

The newer duckers- ie the 200 + 250 have a reverse box, double flywheel and different blade set up to the older ones.

I have had a 250 on the front of a 1600 with no problems chipping over the cab. In fact it was an awesome chipper.

Have you got a photo Arbogrunt?

Chris, it's a mine field isn't it! I was wondering if you're any farther forward with your purchase decision.

Interestingly, on the the subject of my chipper bearings I had a call from Norway earlier from our esteemed member Mike Hill. It was a extremely generous of him to call and educational for me too. What a top bloke!

Anyway, a comment he made was that an 8" chipper and a Unimog are a complete mismatch in capability terms. A 12" plus chipper would be a much better match for a 160hp Mog. Of course, it's the weight that puts us off. It's certainly the only thing that puts me off getting a 12".

The 8" Shleising, Duecker (& Jensen) are all designed for tractor front mounting so they do make sense. Such a shame no one makes a front mount big one.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?k14tfr

I would post a pic mate, but last time I went thru the drama of posting one up here I had to WALK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!...if you know what I mean! ;)

I would post a pic mate, but last time I went thru the drama of posting one up here I had to WALK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!...if you know what I mean! ;)

Come on mate, I can barely operate an iPhone as I am the worlds dumbest with tech and I can do it. What do you need help with?

Duckers 250 is a 10"

As regards miss match it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

A 12" chipper will fill a chip box pretty quickly. So its a compromise or a decision on prorities as to whether an 8" will chip enough for you and leave you timber or you chip it all and tip regularly..

Cool J The Tree.

Some question:

1. Did the TP work with that short chute?

2. Does the Jensen chute get blocked? (cos it looks the same as mine)

3. I see weights on the back in photo 3, how much of a difference did it make?

4. Is the shelf over the cab really important?

5. Is that linkage lift good or just too heavy?

Thank you.

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care