Unimog front mount type.

The thing I envisage being the biggest contributor to the blockage problem is the shape of the discharge chute.

Years ago I had a 5" Camon tow along, the most dire chipper in the whole world. The chute got blocked while I was eating my breakfast each day!

We made a new constant radius chute, in other words, no straight sections. It was still a useless chipper but it discharged like a mad 'un.

Obviously it would be a bit more labour intensive to fabricate but i believe it would solve the problem for any chipper that keeps blocking up.

Any thoughts?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3carp3

I found the camon to be fine chipper, it did block on wet conny so I welded a pipe on the discharge chute pointing up and attached the blower to it for chipping wet conny and as long as the blades were sharp it never blocked again :001_smile:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the camon to be fine chipper, it did block on wet conny so I welded a pipe on the discharge chute pointing up and attached the blower to it for chipping wet conny and as long as the blades were sharp it never blocked again :001_smile:

Irrelevant to this thread but if you bought yours within the last 5.5 years you'll have got the modified version that I redesigned for Carravagi after I met the MD with a storming lawyers letter in my hand. A stressful episode. :thumbdown:

Prior to that, the only thing worse at chipping wood was a Lego sword. :lol:

Good for you, mine was older than 5.5 years. I will remember to only post relevant topics on threads from now on as god forbid a thread gets de-railed on arbtalk :lol:

Perish the thought! :lol:

I forgot to mention, that was a seriously good ideas to insert your leaf blower in the chute. Genius!

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

They don't fail every week. I've had the chipper for 6.5 years.

From what I've learnt, chippers have cartridge style bearings that are easy to replace. The big Jensen bearings are slide onto the main shaft so half the machine has to be dismantled to pull the shaft to change the bearings.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2isdsh

If you got 6.5 years from a set of Bearings you did very well indeed.Especially if the machine had some Hours on it prior to you buying it.

If you got 6.5 years from a set of Bearings you did very well indeed.Especially if the machine had some Hours on it prior to you buying it.

Out of interest Mike, do you change your jensen bearings periodically as a maintainence ritual or are there tell tale signs that show you when to change them?

Perish the thought! :lol:

I forgot to mention, that was a seriously good ideas to insert your leaf blower in the chute. Genius!

Don't try and get back on Roberts good books,:sneaky2: the poor lad will be crying into his sugar puffs, he was only trying to help, he is a mouse of a man and he hasn't posted in months after getting picked on by a female member:lol:

Oh, I've just remembered the reverse gear box issue, if there is one.

I know what they are and I know where to get one but I don't know if there are issues with this kind of set up.

Anyone have one one on their Mog? Sure someone does.

By the way, this is all urgent info chaps 'cos Chris Ghyll has made me jealous so I'm chopping my Mog for a bigger one, pronto.

Don't try and get back on Roberts good books,:sneaky2: the poor lad will be crying into his sugar puffs, he was only trying to help, he is a mouse of a man and he hasn't posted in months after getting picked on by a female member:lol:

Thanks, just remind me why don't you, that's all they visits to the shrink wasted:thumbdown:

I can deal with it though I will up my medication. :biggrin:

Oh, I've just remembered the reverse gear box issue, if there is one.

I know what they are and I know where to get one but I don't know if there are issues with this kind of set up.

Anyone have one one on their Mog? Sure someone does.

By the way, this is all urgent info chaps 'cos Chris Ghyll has made me jealous so I'm chopping my Mog for a bigger one, pronto.

The Schiesling as a reversing box built in, the Duckers are built to run the same way as the front PTO, the disadvantage of this is that on LHD mogs the chute comes up in front of the driver, so needs to be folded down when traveling.

So a standard PTO chip driven through a revers gear box has the advantage of the chute being able to be left up for transit. (on LHD mogs)