scared of heights?

Rik

1 minute ago, forestboy1978 said:

I don't mind going high if there are lots of branches below me. The idea of chogging down an 80ft pine bare trunk terrifies me. 

I'd like to say I wont do it but my history has told me that's it's more than likely I will... one day. 

Trust your gear,

once you do this height is irrelevant.

Anyway,if you fall off anything over 40 feet your pretty much odds on done for.

• Haha 1

Must admit, i use to have moments here and there where I use to piss myself a little ? I’m ok now, have no problems with heights. I’d climb up going from limb to limb instead of hauling ass straight to the top helped with fear. It’s helps ease you in to the height. A little fear isn’t bad because I believe it’s a way you make dam sure your gears good and your always connected correctly.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Trust your gear,

once you do this height is irrelevant.

Anyway,if you fall off anything over 40 feet your pretty much odds on done for.

Doubt I'll push myself to it. I'm doing alright from fencing so there is not the same financial need as someone who solely does tree work. I'd like to though but there's a world apart from liking the idea of something from needing to do it to put food on your table if you know what I mean. 

• Like 2

Ive been climbing at least 17 years and had couple of WTF moments, a few slips, branches give way on me and groundies generally not appreciating how amazing I am at my job, haha, but always looked forward to my next climb, the total exposure of some jobs would get me though, it’s natural, as stated experience will see you through, trust your ropes, anchor point and your choice of kit, don’t feel pressured by anyone and as Stephen said come down if your not feeling it, no shame [emoji106]

• Like 2

I know what you mean mark, go up a tall multi stem conni, set your anchor point, knock top off ,work all other stems and your left with your original pole, back up there and its decidedly exposed. Its all in your head.

• Like 2