scared of heights?

Rik

I used to climb with a very experienced guy. He was good at everything and a joy to watch. If I ever got in an uncomfortable situation I used to visualise myself watching him from the ground and imagine how he would tackle and overcome.

Worked for me. Not had the jitters for a while now, not sayin I won't again.

• 2 weeks later...

Get me in for the biggest, baddest tree and let me prove you wrong .... plus if its high enough you won't be able to see the look of terror on my face nor the elvis leg anyway :001_tt2::lol:

Rec climbing with no-fear dave has pushed me ... I don't think he'd show fear even at the top of a tree that was falling :laugh1: + I'm cheaper :001_tt2::laugh1:

With friends like will who needs enemies? Always trust a mate to try and undercut you...no seriously he'd fell a tree i was working in if it'd get him an extra days work or too! Also ditto to Chris's reply :P

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread, nothing but sense talked without exception.

Me, I'm almost never off my secondary anchor or strop, don't feel safe without it and I spliced it myself. Clip clip clippity clip as Steve would say. Surprising I get any work done:001_smile:

I would add that in my view the most dangerous thing up a tree is getting annoyed. A malfunctioning saw can cause this, a hung up branch when lowering and your'e tired etc. Never allow yourself to get annoyed when up a tree, it destroys your concentration.

My biggest worry at the moment is that the strop is getting worn and every time I need to replace it I need to learn to splice again, which is a pain, but its beautifully streamlined for not getting snagged and only a splice will do.

Great post!!:001_smile:

I feel much better for reading this because lately I have bottled out on 2 trees which I have never done before. I think for me was my daughter was poorly and it was anniversary of my fathers death!!:thumbdown:

So I started thinking things when up a tree like the rope will snap am I tied in correctly and even doubting myself that I'm not up to this job anymore!! It made me hate my job....

But this post has cheered me up no end about it now :biggrin:

With friends like will who needs enemies? Always trust a mate to try and undercut you...no seriously he'd fell a tree i was working in if it'd get him an extra days work or too! Also ditto to Chris's reply :P

Only just seen this haha! Your quicker and more experienced than me mate ... Your worth a higher wage :001_cool: