Show us your website!

button1803

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2019 at 15:14, warringtontreesurgeon said:

Hi guys, any pointers on my site as we would like to gain more work in from it?? https://www.warringtontreesurgeon.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

This thread doesn't really attract many useful replies and is pretty much just a list. However I am allowing myself to be distracted from report writing. Visually your site looks nice and has the bare essential info. My most immediate comments:

- You claim to be the leading TS in your area. How have you arrived at this conclusion? if making claims like this you should back them up with a source i.e independent audit or some form of award? if its not true or is just guesswork prob better to not make such claims. Misleading prospective clients is a sure-fire way to get a bad name, no one will be fooled if it's an outright lie. Perhaps consider a client testimonial section instead with quotes from happy clients or use the Google My Business feedback system to allow clients to feedback.

- Coupons and bonus thing seems a bit too close to what might be considered a scam. Perhaps it might scare people off rather that entice? Its not altogether a terrible idea but perhaps shouldn't be necessary. You could carry out market research to see what you client base thinks of this and maybe ask how many of your current customers have seen or know bout it? if it isn't working get rid. 

- There isn't really any information other than the stumps section, consider adding more info or link to sites like the AA that provide info on TS. Perhaps move some content off the landing page to tabs like the stump section with some dedicated headings.

- Finally consider getting someone to proof the content, I'm not going to do the grammar hitler thing but there are errors. 

SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a huge topic an google is continually moving the goal posts. Unfortunately unless you have an abundance of time and technical skill you may struggle to master a truly effective site without considerable input. Think about what you need a website for then build it from there. Mine is essentially a business card with a little info to allow clients to know they are in the right place and could be significantly improved. I keep an eye on web traffic and enquiries so I know where they come from which helps me understand how the site is working.

Hope you had a nice xmas, happy new yr and most importantly stay safe. 

O

On 05/10/2019 at 15:17, Ty Korrigan said:

I folded and re-booted.

www.lejardinieranglais is mothballed.

I still own the domain but the trading name is dead under French law.

New site 'en cours'

Current one was hastily put up by a mate for no charge.

Alot of revision of the script and an effort made with better images.

It can't be that bad considering the amount of work coming our way but as I see it, the site has much room for improvement.

www.franglaiselagage.com

Stuart

Totally revised, edited and spell checked by a French native (Luckyelevens Missus)

www.franglaiselagage.com

Stuart

Hi Guys

After 12 years since I sold Honey Brothers, I decided to have a website for my LOLER business!

My son Dominic built most of it for me, but it is only the second one he has built. The first being his own.

So any criticism greatly received.

Web site address is martynhoney.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

Martyn

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...