Show us your website!

button1803

I used to be a web designer don't spend anything on SEO it has all changed now search engines don't use all the old meta tags and other coding jargon any more they just read your content, so the better and specific to the point sites rank higher.

MT Tree Services Home

While this may be true about the meta data, humans still read it so it needs to be appropriate and make people want to click on it.

Google also looks at the site structure and the h tags - for non developers it is code which tells Google something is a title. Also it uses the schema mark up to tell it what different elements of the site are such as address, phone number etc.

Content like you say is important but as long as it is well formatted. Any developer worth their salt should be able to do this correctly.

• 1 month later...

Morning arbtalk... I have been working on my website http://www.peterharttreeservices.co.uk lately and thought I might post a link on this thread for some extra traffic but more importantly some constructive feedback.

As a side note does anybody pay for the premium wordpress package? My thoughts for doing this are that it removes adverts from your site and blog and apparently allows you to customise the META tags for your site.

Many thanks in advance for any one that takes the time to click!

Morning arbtalk... I have been working on my website http://www.peterharttreeservices.co.uk lately and thought I might post a link on this thread for some extra traffic but more importantly some constructive feedback.

As a side note does anybody pay for the premium wordpress package? My thoughts for doing this are that it removes adverts from your site and blog and apparently allows you to customise the META tags for your site.

Hey Pete.

Tree surgery section.......there should be Only one 'p' in the word operations.

WordPress is free to use you just buy a template or use a free one? Shouldn't have ads or restrictions

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Who would you need to pay? With WordPress you install it on a server, add the template you want and then customise it. Or are you using a website builder like Wix?

Personally I wouldn't have any ads on my website. I want people calling me and not off looking at another website

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

You pay wordpress or whoever owns it... I'm using wordpress nothing else for my website.

They give an option to upgrade which removes adverts and allows you to do a few more features one of which is custom META tags (this would be the main attraction but I'm not sure if google even relies on these anymore)