Vermeer BC 1000 XL review

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I traded in our Vermeer 1000xl earlier this year. I got the same again for the third time. It's obviously a great chipper for big all-day jobs, but even for little £250 jobs it saves time.

I think the safety re-start buttons are slightly out of reach so you don't accidentally knock them back on if you were to get dragged into the chipper. And the curtains stop the odd lump of chip from flying back out at you.. or any passers by.

dsc00391.jpg

Loved using that machine of yours, unreal step up when your used to 6 inch machines :laugh1:

Nice to see you on here Nick, hope your well mate :thumbup1:

• 3 years later...

A few weeks ago we went to a emergency call out for a fallen poplar, a gang from g&t got there before us who had a bc100, since then I have felt inferior with my tw230 so to restore my manhood I've been looking at getting a 12incher.

Ideally I'd like a bandit 990 but these vermeer seem cheap and there's one on earborist for 5.5k.

Though I'd bring back this thread any more opinions and g me up to buy one as every vermeer I've used I've hated but never used a 1000

Also vermeer dealer is 10 mins away

A few weeks ago we went to a emergency call out for a fallen poplar, a gang from g&t got there before us who had a bc100, since then I have felt inferior with my tw230 so to restore my manhood I've been looking at getting a 12incher.

Ideally I'd like a bandit 990 but these vermeer seem cheap and there's one on earborist for 5.5k.

Though I'd bring back this thread any more opinions and g me up to buy one as every vermeer I've used I've hated but never used a 1000

Also vermeer dealer is 10 mins away

990XP all the way. Most of the contractors here run Bandit and Morbark. Make sure you get the upgraded hydraulic pump and the biggest engine you can. Run the Bandit and the Vermeer side by side if you can or at least test them out in site.