cheap climbing spikes?

mal

Don't buy them they are crap.

That's a fair observation!

Although, as I said, if all you have to spend is £100 and you're not spiking up and down all day every day, they are a reasonable purchase to start off on.

But a set of branded spurs should be the aim, either by saving up from jobs done on cheap spikes or holding off on buying the cheap ones and saving up a bit more now....

To paraphrase 'Ar Graham' from Blind-d Date...' the choice, is yours...

My next purchase will be Distels....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stolen goods dont be ridiculous - they are given new sets as a matter of course

they often have spare old pairs in good condition - :confused1:

You tell yourselves that to ease your concience, but in reality you know they are not theirs to sell, so selling their employers property is theft, plain and simple.

Yes they will be issued with new items, they just tell their manager the others were stolen.

The fact that you said "nearly new" says it all.

Edited by skyhuck

You tell yourselves that to ease your concience, but in reality you know they are not theirs to sell, so selling their employers property is theft, plain and simple.

Yes they will be issued with new items, they just tell their manager the others were stolen.

spot on.

sounds like you know how the utility companies work? - you just dont get it do you

Yes I started out as a subbie on line clearance, so I do know how it works.

Please tell me what I don't get????

subbie - not employed - big difference

the employee will get new equipment as part of the companies H&S policy.

the employee will be told to use the new equipment

reality is they may not - keep the new ones for a while until they feel fit to change them. after a few years the employee may have several pairs of spikes in various stages of wear -

does he give them back to the employer? what will they do - DISPOSE OF THEM

or does he sell them to me - I think so - my conscience is clear

subbie - not employed - big difference

the employee will get new equipment as part of the companies H&S policy.

the employee will be told to use the new equipment

reality is they may not - keep the new ones for a while until they feel fit to change them. after a few years the employee may have several pairs of spikes in various stages of wear -

does he give them back to the employer? what will they do - DISPOSE OF THEM

or does he sell them to me - I think so - my conscience is clear

There you go,it's theft & you chose to think it's ok because you are getting cheep kit,so you are aiding & abetting,& recieving stolen goods,just so long as you feel fine about that....but you would not be working for me,& I think others may feel the same,as a trade we tend to detest those involved in theft in any way.:001_smile: