cheap climbing spikes?

mal

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look similar to the ones in a thread is was reading a couple of months ago when i was buying my first spikes. if they are the arbortechnish (or something) ones then i would leave well alone - there were storys of them snapping while people were up trees and generally falling to peices.

in the end i bought some new bashlins and are proper quality. think they cheapest off the honey bro's website

want good cheap spikes? - utility guys have them - if you see them out, ask them if they have a newish spare pair for £50.oo

If your into buying stollen goods.:thumbdown:

Do you have staff??? If you do how would you feel if they started selling your gear???:sneaky2:

If your into buying stollen goods.:thumbdown:

Do you have staff??? If you do how would you feel if they started selling your gear???:sneaky2:

Agreed mate, not good to see post's like that?????

its ok buying a pair of cheap spikes, but as said before you do get what you pay for, they will be uncomfortable and after a short period you will be in agony and wish you had bought a decent pair of carbon gekos, or i'm told the steins are awesome to, but i guess if thats all you can afford and it gets you out a hole then go for it but i know what i would do.....Pegs! save......comfy spike..........:thumbup:

These are the same spikes, sold by the same guy [think he trades as AGS Landscapes - has been felling some trees up the lane to my office recently].

I have a pair and I have to say, for all the negative comments, for what they cost, 1. they're not nicked and 2. they do work.

They're definitely not the best spikes in the world but mine have taken a bit of hammer and I'm still alive.

You pays your money and makes your choice as they say.

My opinion:

Gaffs are quite soft, going to give mine a sharpen.

They're not especially light nor expecially comfortable.

They're the cheapest you'll get new irons with replaceable gaffs.

They're a stepping stone, something lo learn on, but not the spurs you'll build a career on!

As soon as I can afford it I'll be ordering some ali Geckos.....

Make of that what you will!