tree advice please

greenfinger2012

Question

hi all,

i am a gardener for various people and i know little about trees :blushing:

a client of mine has 2 chestnut trees, as per the 2 in the picture.

its the 2 trees, 1 behind the trampoline with the lean to the left, and the other just to the right of the trampoline.

he would like them reduced... but by how much?

and all the access is good and EVERYTHING can stay on site and he can deal with, just basically wants the 2 trees reduced, and all carried out professionally.

No chipper required, just down and left manageable please :thumbup1:

hope this helps someone to give us a bit of info and how much ROUGHLY it would cost.

Thank you in advance

597660762d3de_tonytrees.jpg.e58d181e0ef8656f551e6218fcebff5f.jpg

6 answers to this question

Is your main question how much they should be reduced, or how much will it cost? Obviously one will affect the other.

Without opening the can of worms of why does he want them reduced and whereabouts in the country are you.......I would have thought that looks like an easy day for 2 people so a cost would be in the region of £450-600.

I would suggest the best way forward would be to ring a good local contractor and ask them for a quote - that way all the factors of the site can be considered for a proper quote. Most companies offer free no-obligation quotations so you have nothing to lose.

Is your main question how much they should be reduced, or how much will it cost? Obviously one will affect the other.

Without opening the can of worms of why does he want them reduced and whereabouts in the country are you.......I would have thought that looks like an easy day for 2 people so a cost would be in the region of £450-600.

I would suggest the best way forward would be to ring a good local contractor and ask them for a quote - that way all the factors of the site can be considered for a proper quote. Most companies offer free no-obligation quotations so you have nothing to lose.

I agree with Paul.

He also has to consider what the purpose of the reduction is.

More light

Unsafe

Bird droppings

Leaf litter

(I understand that these are not really good reasons for reductions, I'm just surmising what the client may think)

A contractor working to BS3998:2010 would be hard pushed to acheive a meaningful solution to any of the above, especially as there are other large trees adjacent to these 2.

I'd also go with what you said Paul.

He also has to consider what the purpose of the reduction is.

More light

Unsafe

Bird droppings

Leaf litter

(I understand that these are not really good reasons for reductions, I'm just surmising what the client may think)

A contractor working to BS3998:2010 would be hard pushed to acheive a meaningful solution to any of the above, especially as there are other large trees adjacent to these 2.

I'd also go with what you said Paul.

I agree with the above, I presume its only the two trees in question that are on your clients property, unless there are other reasons that are not visable from the photos that call for reductions you need to get a contractor to discuss with client reasons for work and what may be done taking into account future management of regrowth.:thumbup1:

Good post Paul, agree totally.

There is little to go on with regards to asses what is "truly" required here, the feelings of the client are an essential part of the assessment of whats needed as is the condition of the tree, neither of which we have any idea of yet.

some basic questions here to help us help you would be as follows-

1) what is the clients main concern with these trees?

2) What is the structural/physiological condition of the trees?

2) will require either many more images or a site visit or both