the weather

hot logs

Has anyone been affected by the wind and rain?

On the one hand i've got nowhere to work under cover so all the wood that needs cutting and splitting has not been done so am falling behind.

and the wind blew of the roof of one of my log stores and about 20 cube that was drying nicely for the last 6 months is now soaking wet. (might not be a lot to some of you but is to me)

But on the other hand, have picked up loads of "free" trees that have blown over.

swings and roundabouts i suppose.

anyone else got any weather related stories?

Edited by hot logs

Weeeelll...

Two roof panels are blown off the log store - which was empty anyway. When the wind dies I'll have to get the long ladders out and nail them back on.

The mice are all drowned out of their nests and trying to invade the house. Found a dead one on the Aga yesterday morning. Looking for places to put the traps where dogs, cats and little fingers don't go.

The rain is keeping me from getting in the field to saw up some more rings - and when I do it'll be 'interesting' trying to drag the trailer out again.

But don't worry about that rain on your 20 cubes. It'll only be surface water that will evaporate again. It won't get to the core, which is what your 6 months of seasoning will have dried. Or would have dried if it had been summer months!

falling behind with lots of jobs, but we need the rain but could do with some sun to warm the groud back up!!

waited till 6 last nite till ground dried off a bit then went fertilisin till 11pm. did nearly 300 acres then was 2 bags short to finish last 40 acres.. made good mess in places but its been crying out for it for last 3 weeks.

Need to get cutting logs for next year too cold and wet. yesterday was warm and fine ground too wet to get on spraying need to get it done this week as me and the Mrs going to mexico on monday :001_tt2::thumbup:

I've got about 5 ton of decent billets out the end of the valley, all hazel and alder but I can't get out there to pick it up. I did try but the hilux just wanted to slide down into the river and I was lucky to get her out. Hoping nobody nicks it but I figure if we can't get in there, neither can they.

waited till 6 last nite till ground dried off a bit then went fertilisin till 11pm. did nearly 300 acres then was 2 bags short to finish last 40 acres.. made good mess in places but its been crying out for it for last 3 weeks.

working half days then i see mate,!!:biggrin: