work in france

hi guys, my family and i are going to be moving from england to boisseuil near limoges in department 87, i am 29 and have 10 years experience including 9 years as a climber and running a gang for 4 years, most work was done on high voltage power lines (11000 and 33000 volts). Does anyone know anyone who may be able to help me get some work when we come over or just some advice from you guys on things i may need to do or know or what i should expect when we are there would be very much appreciated,

thanks very much,

mat

I cannot help with regards to work offers etc. but wish you well in your new life in France.

I am sure you have heard the many horror stories about starting a bussines in France, and the general issues can be researched on angloinfo, I hope your french is good and your paitience is of saintly measures because i think everyone i know that has ever moved to france to work has found life to be difficult.

My advice beyond this would be; buy your kit in the uk, don't spend all your money on a renovation, get earning asap- money goes so fast here, get registered asap so you have a siret no. and you will be able advertise. Forget getting full time employment, no one will employ you- it costs them too much! And, expats are a funny lot, be prepared for anything!

Try to get in with the french and work for them, that is where your customer base will be.

Dont take anything as read, always get a second opinion on everything official.

If you need help, we are here. Good luck