Weekend work..... cos you're cheap

Pedroski

but in order to do this they have had to invest in some serious post banging machinery, a contractor model post knocker is around 10k and thats before the tractor, digger, auger, wire rollers etc. whereas backgarden type fencing can be done with a spade and a spirit level so therefore cheaper contractors are generally compromising elsewhere:sneaky2:

this is what the guy who does a bit for me uses, not much use in Mrs Miggins back yard though :thumbup: his fencing is some of the best i have seen

IMGP4432.jpg

behind his disco, cant have the posts on the trailer as well though, its a hell of a set up having seen what he can do in a day even if hes on his own!

here is the finished job 2days later (this stretch is just over 100meters)

fence1.jpg.94c38bdf4cb18a82bf030ec8a53ad54d.jpg

Edited by Charlieh

this is what the guy who does a bit for me uses, not much use in Mrs Miggins back yard though :thumbup: his fencing is some of the best i have seen

IMGP4432.jpg

now thats what I call a post banger!! Wouldn't mind one of them in my shed, to play around with!

The thing i find with some so called fencers(large companies incl) is that they use 5ft posts that are hardly in the ground but does look good when finished.A blast of wind or cattle pushing then it doesnt look so good.

My moto is do the job properly first time and you dont need to go back.

i agree volvo when i was in auz they had to drill there posts in to the ground and they said that the post holding strength was porportional to the depth of the post in the ground Squared X the size of flat area on the base of the post

ie a post 1' in is only 1unit

but a 2' is 4unit ie 4times better held in the ground

ps that guy is missing one of the more usefull things on that driver the rock spike as they brillent for driving strainers in to the ground enven if there is no rock