Watch People?

Sam Thompson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep being drawn back to the Malvern Aviator jobby, it is more expensive, but it just looks right. Maybe one of those and a cheap watch for other stuff... I'm turning into one of those watch people!

Same friend who has the plain C5 Malvern also bought one of the Mark 1 versions of these, with the black face. Also very nice. Mine isn't available as it was a limited edition - the one with the blue face in the link below:

Christopher Ward Forum • View topic - Forum Limited Editions

Alec

Decided that I'm going to buy either the Citezen or a Wenger Military one, [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/WENGER-70392-Wenger-Swiss-Watch-Military/dp/B000KAWB5W/ref=sr_1_17?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1335720445&sr=1-17]Wenger Swiss-Watch, Field Military: Amazon.co.uk: Watches[/ame]. Need to find somewhere to handle them in the flesh and then I can decide.

Save up slowly and get something a bit more special for dress.

Thanks chaps!

• 5 weeks later...
like the look of those suunto's

anyone got one with an altimeter in it?

I do, it's pretty accurate. I wear it skydiving and it's never far off my alti, I wouldn't rely on it however.

I have to say I have a thing for watches, one for every occasion and if you buy sensibly the expensive ones hold their money.

Edited by Nick Watkins

Had a g shock for over a year now for work and it still going strong only thing it would undo and fall of my wrist when up a tree :sneaky2: so not that good . Problem solved with an elastic band though bit bulky as well.

Before used to get mwc watches, slim light but always smashed the face.

Out of work my tag I've had since 96 so not bad value in the long run.

Problem with that is where the strap pins go in the watch they slowly wear and enlarge the hole. Maybe time for a new one.

Something nice about having a decent watch that lasts and as I don't wear any other jewelry it isn't that extravagant