360 diggers with harvesting heads

elfinwood saws

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

save your money and go with a used purpose built machine. they are designed for the job !

10m reach high oil flow good visibility, good better traction and terrain ability. just sold an osa 250, good cheap thinnings machine and upgraded to a 901 with crh 14 crane. As for heads go with a viking.

Try Phil Cooper Forestry machinery, he can source most machines at the right price. Good back up and service team as well

The thing to be carefull of is that even with OSA and many of the harvesters is that if you are doing small thinnings you don't need to run a six cylinder engine my ergo does thinnings well but even with revs turned down you use far more fuel than you need to and these days makes such a difference a few years ago it wouldn't have mattered I agree purpose built is better but a newer 360 may be more economical to run

another contractor on the estate i work for has 360's he has a 20 ton with warratah head, you do find with the bigger machines with the oil flow up they tend to snap small stuff when going through the head thats why hes getting a 14ton machines for first thinnings

another contractor on the estate i work for has 360's he has a 20 ton with warratah head, you do find with the bigger machines with the oil flow up they tend to snap small stuff when going through the head thats why hes getting a 14ton machines for first thinnings

Happens a lot. Either turn the feed roller pressure down in the settings or do it on the valve block on the head. JD heads or their red warahtar equivelents do tend to snap stuff a lot in my experence.

Hi robied, whats your average liters per hour ? I have a beaver and have been thinking about going to an ergo as a lot of the trees I have been buying are quite large late thinnings and the beaver is struggling with the weight . The beaver is very good on fuel.