Zago Ecogreen Shredder Hire?

LGP Eddie

Just been informed that my regular supplier has moved his large Zago Shredder on to pastures new and this will leave a big hole for future projects.

I'm really just seeing who's running what in shredder terms within range of North Staffordshire?

We have utilised the Zago for large volumes of brash and also willow roots which it excelled at. Having tried a Hammel which had awesome power but just kept blocking with any soil, it really could be back to the drawing board if there's no Zago about?

We really need good mobility and reasonable off road access capability which the Tractor towed Zago has provided and transport costs have always been reasonable.

Considering all options for future projects, but looking back we've paid some good money out on hire and we always try to be spot on with anyone we sub in as it's how we'd expect to be treated.

Eddie.

IMG_3074.jpg.2873ed68e9499c5836227bf357c10dd6.jpg

• 5 months later...

Eddie can I assume you do not need a specific sample size when shredded as the Hammel would only give a large particle size if it was a slow speed shredder.

Was the Hammel tracked? I am surprised it blocked unless it was set up incorrectly. If you give further detas I may have some suggestions, PM me if you wish.

No I still haven't managed to locate a fresh Zago source, but I'm certain for a decent size project King Feeders could be persuaded to hire a unit out if they have one in stock back to Nigel as obviously they know him and Matt who operates it?

Since the purchase of my Farmi 260 chipper, we find most stuff goes through this now loaded by my 5 tonner with Engcon system and Selector Grab.

I have a Valtra N101 on hire at present just to dip a toe in and the Valtra runs it very nicely with good economy.

They can get through a fair bit of stuff and get places others can't with minimal impact.

However for certain projects you can't beat the Zago and they thrive on having a bit of soil contamination in the material, as it seems to help things along nicely.

If time allows you can keep it in and make some lovely material.

Regarding the Hammel it was really an experiment as we could get the unit at a rate that was a fair bit cheaper than the Zago and they do have a brilliant reputation.

It was Hooklift mounted and an immensely powerful bit of kit, however as you say the material size was an issue and it just continually blocked unless you could find a grab full of pallets that cleaned it out in an instant.

I'm not a fan of anything High Speed Shredder wise, and the Zago has always been good to us.

Eddie.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...