Steve Bullman

Arborist Apps Support Forum

This forum has been set up to provide support for both existing customers of arboristapps and pre-sales questions. Please also feel free to use this section if you'd like to make a suggestion for future updates to either of the current available apps. Thank you

I'd just like to say, to anyone thinking of buying either of these apps but not sure, I went out on site today, an elderly lady client had got some fungi growing around her trees. So I let her use the iPad and the fungi ID app to see how user friendly it is. She IDed the fungi quickly, and was impressed with the use of modern technology in our field. It was honey fungus btw. I could have just told her, but that would have spoiled the fun and I wouldn't have got a cuppa tea.

We went to the Celebration of Trees at Capel Manor and saw the apps first hand on an iPad. They are great so decided to buy them and downloaded them on a Samsung Galaxy.

The only problem is neither of them work! They try to open and then I get a message saying 'The application Knot Guide (process uk.co.arbtalk.knotguide) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' with the option to Force close or Report. Same for the Tree Fungi app.

Any ideas please? :confused1:

We went to the Celebration of Trees at Capel Manor and saw the apps first hand on an iPad. They are great so decided to buy them and downloaded them on a Samsung Galaxy.

The only problem is neither of them work! They try to open and then I get a message saying 'The application Knot Guide (process uk.co.arbtalk.knotguide) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' with the option to Force close or Report. Same for the Tree Fungi app.

Any ideas please? :confused1:

Hi, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the apps?

I'd just like to say, to anyone thinking of buying either of these apps but not sure, I went out on site today, an elderly lady client had got some fungi growing around her trees. So I let her use the iPad and the fungi ID app to see how user friendly it is. She IDed the fungi quickly, and was impressed with the use of modern technology in our field. It was honey fungus btw. I could have just told her, but that would have spoiled the fun and I wouldn't have got a cuppa tea.

you charmer you :lol:

joey   

Hello i have downloaded the knot guide app and it looks good .However it wont let me go back to anything else without switching the phone off and on.Is there something i should be doing or is it a glich ? Many thanks and i look forward to your thoughts.

Hi Joey,

What phone are you using? Doesnt the home button take you out of the app?

I'm aware that the back button on the app doesnt close out the app on Android, this is being looked at. But on my device(htc desire) I just use the home button.