PTO chipper recommendations...

I think ill get the Mog back home and have to save up for a nice front mount chipper, then save up for a trailer with timber grab then save up for an ifor williams 3.5 ton tipping trailer then save up for.......... lol

I knew this game was expensive but this is =starting to take the piss lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick the ducker on the front that's at Prices, you won't find anything cheaper, let alone another 1 similar, it will hold that money for years.

That's very good advice if you can live with a 7.5" chipper and if you get a decent size trailer then that chipper would be sweet.

Like I mentioned before, 7.5" max dia wood doesn't mean slow production. With the rollers turned up to a reasonable rate, the hourly production will make your eyes water.

Put it this way. I recently hired a Jensen identical to mine but on tracks and we had to stand gazing at the branches as they waltzed along the hopper and we were hypnotised by the chips dribbling out the spout.

My Jensen on my crap six horse power Mog throws the chips so ferociously that it deformed the 2mm steel box. So I put a sheet of 10mm ply up (thinking the flexibility would work) and the chips went through that in 35 seconds!

Then I put a sheet of 3mm stainless in front of a sheet of 10mm ply and that has been badly deformed but held in place by loads of bolts.

Don't underestimate what any chipper will do when coupled to a Tractor, especially a 156hp Unimog.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rm5u2r

That's very good advice if you can live with a 7.5" chipper and if you get a decent size trailer then that chipper would be sweet.

Like I mentioned before, 7.5" max dia wood doesn't mean slow production. With the rollers turned up to a reasonable rate, the hourly production will make your eyes water.

]

The throat on the Ducker is 11" x 7.5", so on brash its pretty fast and will take two 5.5" peaces side by side.

And it has a blower, so you can blow chip into a trailer behind the mog with ease.

When I jumped from tp200 to TP250 my time on jobs removing brash increased dramatically, not so much chipping large wood, but the reduced prepping in conifers, big hedge removals etc. The bigger the chipper the better, but like any tool, from a silky to a bandit beast, there is a point where it's not practical to use, as I said, I got away with the 250 as the chip box on my 2150 was huge.

If you get the ducker, and budget will still tight for a trailer, then get a rd tow trailer, make up a tow hitch for the 3 point linkage and there thes a place for the timber, but tbh I think you are still thinking too far ahead,mtheres what you think will be best, without the experience.

Once you get in that Mog, you will want any excuse to drive it, work the site to suit you, run chip while the guys drag or log. You got to cruise in the cool mobile and go for food while the lads graft, you also get a rest, and then come back as if you are superfit and beast them even more lol

The throat on the Ducker is 11" x 7.5", so on brash its pretty fast and will take two 5.5" peaces side by side.

And it has a blower, so you can blow chip into a trailer behind the mog with ease.

This chipper sounds better all the time. The addition of the blower unit is attractive cos an extension on the discharge spout means it could get blocked with wet Conifer and clods of mud from dumb ass groundies.

The other point that you may not realise yet is that three men won't be able to keep up with any size chipper on your Mog so don't worry about 7.5"

Having said that, I still want a 12"!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bkl2kr