PTO chipper recommendations...

hucks ex front mount @ acp's is an excellent, and reasonable in price, way to start off, not to heavy, sufficient capacity to chip most brash, simple and therefore easy to run, if you really want to stress control can be added to it but with the power and size of chipper it is not needed, you could do a lot worse than to start of with this, worth considering, good luck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said you wont need a no stress device if the chipper/mog combination is right. The other advantage of the ducker front mount is that there are no electrics to get broken.

Hands up how many people have problems with the electric no stress devices??

Timber wolfs chip very differently to pto chippers with heavy flywheels.

Bigger isnt alwasy better, most of the people here advising have been running unimogs and chippers for years (myself included).

Fill the back of your mog with chippd branch wood and not chipped firewood- take that away on a timber trailer (like skyhucks and the one we have for sale :001_tongue:) and then you have added value..

If you want a newer one we can source them in Germany, we recently supplied a Ducker 200 front mount for £9k that was in excellent condition..

Im wanting a large front mount chipper to process timber faster so that i can get on and off new building development sites without taking firewood away. The reason i was waning anti-stress was for when we put a large piece of timber in someone doesnt have to control the feed with the bar

I dont do firewood, my only interest is getting the trees down, chipping them and getting off site and seding invoice

Cheers

Im wanting a large front mount chipper to process timber faster so that i can get on and off new building development sites without taking firewood away. The reason i was waning anti-stress was for when we put a large piece of timber in someone doesnt have to control the feed with the bar

I dont do firewood, my only interest is getting the trees down, chipping them and getting off site and seding invoice

Cheers

Just turn the feed roller down a bit.

''I dont do firewood, my only interest is getting the trees down, chipping them and getting off site and seding invoice''

In my experience of site clearance, chip it and go, the only chipper for this type of work where there is possibility of dirty contaminated material and or grab feeding is the hiezohack range, how you get this down to size with mounting on a mog is up for discussion ( there was pre owned one about a short wile ago) not the fastest but always keeps going

Chris, stop thinking like a transit tow behind guy.

10" chipper on your mog, with 160 hp behind it, you will just stick it in and say ta ta!

You will soon learn how to cut and part sned, with break cuts and just steer it through the rollers.

I bought a no stress device for my big mog and never took it out the box, ok I had more horses, but lots more that never got used?

A good groundie will know depending on species and time of year whether to turn the rollers down a bit or not, I have NEVER stalled a pto chipper with out no stress!