PTO chipper recommendations...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but i did stress that I want a chipper with anti-stress on it... :thumbup1:

ok but ran my tp760 on county 754 on 540 rpm with no problems if it fitted in the rollers it was chipped,but thats me slow and steady,also i know diddley squat about mogs

Edited by kernowstu

I run a 7.5" Timberwolf 190 road-tow with my canter, I am wanting to go bigger on thew mog, 10" or 12" to help process timber faster.

Also I really want a chipper with anti-stress on it.

What are the costs involved in front mounting a chipper?

A 7.5" chipper being powered by a 160HP mog will make you TW look like a pencil sharpener!! If you had "no stress" it would never kick in, as the engine rev's will never drop.

I very rarely chip stuff over 5" with my 9" Scheisling. If you start chipping big timber you soon fill the box, plus its a waste of good timber that could just as easily go in the trailer :thumbup1:

ok but ran my tp760 on county 754 on 540 rpm with no problems if it fitted in the rollers it was chipped,but thats me slow and steady,also i know diddley squat about mogs

I ran the same chipper on a u1200 (tp760) with a speed up gear box, which i put on, i think it cost around £900, for the speed up gear box that is, but i must of saved that on fuel in no time, on 540 and no stress control and it would chip all day on tick over 7" timber cord and not even slow down , i did always keep the blades sharp and set up with a perfect gap between the blades and the anvil and keep the anvil true and with a good edge, ajustment was from under the rollers, the weight was perfect for the mog even when full of chip it did not sit down, try to stay away from heavy chippers. :thumbup1: