What was your first chain saw

Old WoodChip

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danarm,too far back I dont remember the model big yellow thing with a crome handle.The dogs b.... of its time.

Mine was a Danarm DDA110, though branded british they looked the same as Pioneers from Canada, just painted yellow instead of blue. Bit of a pig up a tree.

Moved on to a new Husqvarna 280cd then for daily running 162s and 240s and ended up with 262s with 268, 272, 288, 2100, 084 as occasional saws in between.

First saw I ever used was an old Pioneer 1200automatic. Now it wasn't 1200cc, it's certainly wasnt automatic, what it was however was a loud brute that could burn down dead elms quicker than it could cut them (no spark arrestors) this was back in the late 70s, and it looked like an old saw then. PPE consisted of wellies,donkey jacket, and a homemade bobble hat to keep out the cold. Big awkward pieces were cut into blocks for the large inglenook at the pub, and exchanged for beers that I was too young to drink then, and loads of logs were delivered in a horse trailer towed by our Landie series 2 station wagon with Safari roof. Dad also delivered rabbit dressed and quartered and wrapped for the price of a pint (he liked his beer!) to the local pub, seemed he had a never ending supply of beers then! Funny thing is I never recall any money changing hands for logs, just beers, and if I dared to ask where my share was well "you get fed don't ya?" was the reply. Didnt seem fair somehow. Kids today, they don't know they're born!

MS171, bought it brand new and thought it was the dogs danglies! Did alot of work with the little fella, alot more than it was ever designed for but it soldiered on! Sold it to buy my second hand 2005 260 that I have now.....................!