Advice urgantly needed

Honest as a dropout myself the older i get, the more i regret not finishing my degree,if you can only tough it out and get some qualification,thens the time to diversify or change life course.

Just having the BA,Bsc,MBA,LLB....after your name opens so much many doors and your earning potential is so much greater, also any chances of emigrating will be severley hampered with no degree.

I never heard anyone say they we happier by dropping out only regrets

Please mate stick with it ,lifes not always greener

SOME?!?! As in more than 1?! And you're still feeling down??? I'm not sure tree work is going to fix your melancholy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I climbed a tree to get away from them once.... never looked back! :001_tt2:

I picked the best one to move in with, no regrets there.

I'm not saying I don't want a degree, but I might be better suited to getting an HND first whilst working and then doing the top up course or something.

I dont doubt that I'll regret all this in the future. but at the moment its hard to see past tomorrow.

I climbed a tree to get away from them once.... never looked back! :001_tt2:

I picked the best one to move in with, no regrets there.

I'm not saying I don't want a degree, but I might be better suited to getting an HND first whilst working and then doing the top up course or something.

I dont doubt that I'll regret all this in the future. but at the moment its hard to see past tomorrow.

Think about what you just posted. If I had a way back machine I would have started earlier on with my product development and sales. Finished what you have started even if it is part time, Finish it.:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

Think about what you just posted. If I had a way back machine I would have started earlier on with my product development and sales. Finished what you have started even if it is part time, Finish it.:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

I don't know how or where I would finish it part time, but that would suit me down to the ground.

My biggest gripe is that I've been unwell for the last nine months, the only time I recover is whilst I'm at home during the holidays, the thought of going back on sunday is making me ill again.

on the note of exercise..... I play Water polo for Wales, I get plenty of exercise!:001_cool:

I nearly quit after my 1st year at Uni, seriously glad I didn't. Did postgrad and spent 13 superb years environmental engineering before redundancy and this crap. Firewood is nice but I'm getting closer and closer to going back to eng. That's if it's even doable in this downturn. There is a major lack of mech engineers but a gross over saturation of tree trades imo. Get the degree then use it outdoors in biomass game or summat..

I'm going to break the mould here. I left home, went to university, hated it, left as a result, got a job in the woods, and haven't looked back since. Since leaving uni I've been back to college, completed the course which was right for me and continued a career with trees.

I can understand those who say stick with it, but, if it REALLY isn't the right thing for you then you have to consider your options.

It's a brave choice either way as I see it. If you're living with the right woman, what does she say? At 21 you've still got time to go into something else if you choose, but it does get more difficult the older you get.

Not sure if this is any help, think long and hard which ever choice you make.