Auto tune a step back possibly ?

Stubby

Sounds like you need a new tech/agent:lol: Ask to see their tach, they may not even have one!

The 560 may not like the 8 pin rim, it is possible that the saw is not pulling the extra load well and is having problems adjusting the carb to make up for the extra load.

With the 7 pin it is probably under a constant load and is working fine, it is possible the saw isn't pulling the 8 pin well enough so is constantly fidegeting to find the best mix - just a thought.

I have been thinking about getting on a course to become better and fixing stuff myself but really don't have the time.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about getting on a course to become better and fixing stuff myself but really don't have the time.

The way I see it is that some people have a mechanical/electro mechanical aptitude and some have an aptitude to hang off trees. Probably the best way is to do what you are good at and pay others to do what they are good at.

I think many agents may put their better techs on more expensive equipment and leave others to work on saws. Chainsaws are the racing car of the garden equipement so need someone with a bit of a clue to fix them well.

It is not always easy to fix all faults but I do tach all the saws I fix and run them up for 20 mins before return to minimise any problems with fixed saws - MattyF caught me with five on the go at the same time in the middle of nowhere once:thumbup:

The way I see it is that some people have a mechanical/electro mechanical aptitude and some have an aptitude to hang off trees. Probably the best way is to do what you are good at and pay others to do what they are good at.

I think many agents may put their better techs on more expensive equipment and leave others to work on saws. Chainsaws are the racing car of the garden equipement so need someone with a bit of a clue to fix them well.

It is not always easy to fix all faults but I do tach all the saws I fix and run them up for 20 mins before return to minimise any problems with fixed saws - MattyF caught me with five on the go at the same time in the middle of nowhere once:thumbup:

Spudulike,

Not Many mechanics are like yourself. I think most of them don't care.

I handed 4 saws into a shop just to get new pullcords and springs replaced ..very basic stuff. Got them back with everything replaced and fat bill. one one of the bills it said ' tried to tune ' and charged me for it!!! wth! and another saw i had to fix myself when i got back home.

Spudulike,

Not Many mechanics are like yourself. I think most of them don't care.

I handed 4 saws into a shop just to get new pullcords and springs replaced ..very basic stuff. Got them back with everything replaced and fat bill. one one of the bills it said ' tried to tune ' and charged me for it!!! wth! and another saw i had to fix myself when i got back home.

Thats not right, recoils are easy to fix and test to make sure they are right before return - no excuse IMO. I would have returned them or just not use that shop again, not good:thumbdown:

I doubt they would be able to afford an autotune saw, or need one as all the rainforest around them has already been cut down.

It's like all the eco friendly cars that run a big batteries, a.) what are the eco costs of the lecky to charge them (nucular)? and b.) where do we dispose of the lovely metals inside them? and then the carbon in shipping all this crap around the world in giant ships, that do ? miles to the gallon!

Rant over, Im off to raise the rainbow warrior from her watery grave, and find swampy!:lol:

Swampy is dead mate.

Apparently he had some serious heart problems.

But he refused to have a bypass.

What about the people who are near the cat when its being made ?

That is the problem. Unfortunately it is often of little concern to those who come up with regulations to reduce emissions. Same with electric cars really - they still need energy to move around, and that energy production required to charge them typically causes pollution, but it's not seen by the people around the electric car. And as Normandy Lumberjack said, the batteries are a big problem with thousands of acres of land destroyed by pollution from mining and extraction of the metals in them.

Agreed . Apparently there is more pollution generated in the manufacture of a cat than a cat absorbs when in use .

:001_tt2: thats like the light bulbs that uses less power, in our house you cant see FA.

same with recycling house hold stuff, where does all them bags end up and how much does it really cost with the collection lorry doing about 5mpg:001_rolleyes:

we are all con'ed