Auto tune a step back possibly ?

Stubby

Agreed . Apparently there is more pollution generated in the manufacture of a cat than a cat absorbs when in use .

One thing to consider though, is that the pollution generated in the manufacture of the cat is well away from you. When you're using the saw and it has a cat then the fumes you are breathing in are less harmful than they would be without the cat.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was clumsily trying to say is that I have/do run some of my saws with a higher gearing i.e. 8 pin rim instead of standard 7 pin . This gives a faster chain speed and as long as the bar length is not stupid they all cope fine . a 560, much as I love it won't . The out going 357 will cope . there fore , on paper , the 560 should cope . I think its the auto tune stepping in to prevent it . I think this as its the only one with auto tune .

Maybe I should of read the first post better!! I would not of thought it made a difference?? But then I have not tried yet!!

One thing to consider though, is that the pollution generated in the manufacture of the cat is well away from you. When you're using the saw and it has a cat then the fumes you are breathing in are less harmful than they would be without the cat.

What about the people who are near the cat when its being made ?

What about the people who are near the cat when its being made ?

I doubt they would be able to afford an autotune saw, or need one as all the rainforest around them has already been cut down.

It's like all the eco friendly cars that run a big batteries, a.) what are the eco costs of the lecky to charge them (nucular)? and b.) where do we dispose of the lovely metals inside them? and then the carbon in shipping all this crap around the world in giant ships, that do ? miles to the gallon!

Rant over, Im off to raise the rainbow warrior from her watery grave, and find swampy!:lol:

I doubt they would be able to afford an autotune saw, or need one as all the rainforest around them has already been cut down.

It's like all the eco friendly cars that run a big batteries, a.) what are the eco costs of the lecky to charge them (nucular)? and b.) where do we dispose of the lovely metals inside them? and then the carbon in shipping all this crap around the world in giant ships, that do ? miles to the gallon!

Rant over, Im off to raise the rainbow warrior from her watery grave, and find swampy!:lol:

So not all progress is actually forward then ?

I personally would buy another I think it's great and the saw feels so much better in the cut.

Better imissions.. I am intrigued about why you think running different bars and chain pitch should make a difference, does it work fine with 3/25 ?? . Maybe soon I will find out as I will convert my 560 to 3/8 when I have worn out the two 3/25 chains I have for it.

Like it or not in 5 years all saws will probably be auto tune.

Forgive my stupidity but what would the benefit be of running 3/8 insted of .325 or is it a convenience thing?

auto tune may be the wau forward!!

I have handed my ms 020 ( only couple years old ) into 3 different chainsaw repair shops in ..everytine i have been given it back it is still not tuned.

In the shop just now..they told me the problem was fixed...I went around and fired it up in shop BUTthe saw still was not working...gave them a couple of tips of what it could be and left it with them again. its supposed to be there job to fix small engines..its a fricken small chainsaw not the QE2 engine. Whats the deal??

auto tune may be the wau forward!!

I have handed my ms 020 ( only couple years old ) into 3 different chainsaw repair shops in ..everytine i have been given it back it is still not tuned.

In the shop just now..they told me the problem was fixed...I went around and fired it up in shop BUTthe saw still was not working...gave them a couple of tips of what it could be and left it with them again. its supposed to be there job to fix small engines..its a fricken small chainsaw not the QE2 engine. Whats the deal??

Sounds like you need a new tech/agent:lol: Ask to see their tach, they may not even have one!

The 560 may not like the 8 pin rim, it is possible that the saw is not pulling the extra load well and is having problems adjusting the carb to make up for the extra load.

With the 7 pin it is probably under a constant load and is working fine, it is possible the saw isn't pulling the 8 pin well enough so is constantly fidegeting to find the best mix - just a thought.

Sounds like you need a new tech/agent:lol: Ask to see their tach, they may not even have one!

The 560 may not like the 8 pin rim, it is possible that the saw is not pulling the extra load well and is having problems adjusting the carb to make up for the extra load.

With the 7 pin it is probably under a constant load and is working fine, it is possible the saw isn't pulling the 8 pin well enough so is constantly fidegeting to find the best mix - just a thought.

Yea Steve Thats what I think . i also think its not progress ! If you ever come up with a way of fitting a carb with the twiddely bits Im first in line bud ! :thumbup:

Forgive my stupidity but what would the benefit be of running 3/8 insted of .325 or is it a convenience thing?

I know you are asking MattyF this question and I might ask the same > I like .325 on the shorter bars as you get more cutters . However the 560 in the u.s. is the 562 with the larger bar mount and a 3/8 drive . So it could be a 1 pitch chain for all thing .